Anyone else had a cold for this long?

LNRV

Try having a good gargle with salt water, and help yourself to a hot toddy. The vitamin C boost will help you some, and the whisky and warm water will soothe your throat. Are you sure its not flu? I was told that to test the difference, have someone place a £20 note outside; if its a cold you'll go to get it, if its flu you'll think "sod it" :D Seriously though, I would go and get advice, even if its to put your mind at ease.

I went to chemist and bought a nose inhaler, vicks vapour rub, lozenges(however u spell it) and sudafed nose spray, the spray has helped alot but still not right. I also have asthma so have to be careful what i take, if not gone by next week will go to doctors and see what they say

I'v had the virus for 3 weeks now and its just about gone thank goodness, i didnt have a cold but a very sore throat and hacking cough with cattarrh (sorry re spelling) couldnt have antibiotics as i had just finished a course the week before. the virus has now gone round the family

If you eat well you wont get cold.

5 a day, plenty of water, a bit of exercise is all it takes.

I never get cold.

People complain yet when you question them you find that they think as long as they eat brown bread, a bit of fruit and veg and take vitamin tablets they'll be fine. Not that easy.

The Government doesn't recommend things for the sake of it, it's because they don't want you getting ill and going to the doctor and costing them money!

Archived