Anyone got their Christmas decorations up this year yet?

Our decorations always go up 12 days before christmas around the 13th and always come down 12 days after, onthe 6th january. I swear by it , as its our family tradition. I love them, kids and grandkids too. But they are annoying because there's no chance of doing a proper polish an dust downstairs while they're up. Maybe that's why'some' people get them up early! I always look at peoples houses who get them up early and think that maybe they've got an allergy to proper cleaning! Is this just me and my ocd or does anyone else look at the early birds the same? Don't get me wrong I love Christmas.

I don't mind Xmas, but I don,t want it shoving in my face. You go in a shop, end of October they've got decorations up. Advert's on telly been on for a while also. Top of the list of places to avoid, Meadowhell. Only been twice anyway.

How can you have Christmas that lasts for over a month of the year? If you leave your decorations up for the 12 days you're supposed to, but put them up at the start of December (or earlier....), then they'll be up for 36 days +. How is that even festive or special?

Far from being "bah humbug" - I like a bit of Christmas cheer, but I like it to be special ie at Christmas.

I went into a colleague's office today to find one of them sat there with a Santa had on. For christ's sake, what the heck will she be wearing when it actually gets round to Christmas?

Bah-humbug. (I didn't say that)

Edited by Olive

• 4 years later...