Start-Stop Car Technology. I was always told otherwise.

Also, everyone i have spoken to with a dpf problem has been someone who has a diesel for short round town sort of driving.
Not here, mate, sorry to disappoint/break the stereotype.

When it's the dpf itself (through lack of regen or end-of-life), fine/fair enough, easy enough to diagnose and sort out (and indeed, by far the majority of dpf-related problems are caused by lack of regen, in turn caused by lack of long-enough runs).

But when it's premature failure of one or more of the sensors and the section of the 'brains' associated with the dpf, that's when it gets complicated (read: expensive) to diagnose and then sort out. Even with a full battery of fault codes.

They're the stuff of the devil, no mistake! :hihi:

No dpf in the new diesel car. Nor timing belt, for that matter. :thumbsup:

I've had my car for just under a year and driven 34,000 miles,the battery has shown no hesitation at all when the car has restarted itself...

Normal battery lifespan is in the region of 6 years IIRC, so you'll have to let us know in 2017 :-)

The car will be with another owner by then... :D

Yeah probably someone like me!!! :|

The second hand car sales pitch will change in years to come. Instead of saying, "It's had a new cambelt....and new tyres etc.."....It'll be "The battery was recently replaced"

Archived