Seat Belts

Jon

I'd always wear one, i think it'd be stupid to risk your life by not doing so.

What really gets on my nerves is when you see an estate car on the motorway and the parents are buckled in tight but the kids are roaming around beltless in the back, have these people no sense?!

Wilf

Originally posted by BrainThrust

What really gets on my nerves is when you see an estate car on the motorway and the parents are buckled in tight but the kids are roaming around beltless in the back, have these people no sense?!

The number of times I've seen that on the roads of Sheffield...it makes my blood run cold every time.

If a child was to go through the windscreen at 30 mph, in the event of a crash or sudden stop, there wouldn't be much left of their pretty little face :(

It'd depend on the journey I think.

A friend of my parents was in quite a serious car incident years ago. He wasn't wearing his seatbelt... however, the police said that if he was wearing his seatbelt, he could have been killed! (His steering wheel was pushed back into his seat, but the driver's door had been pushed open and he'd fallen out.

Makes you think.

Yep i do always wear mine, think it is stupid to not do so.

Though i do have a problem at the minute of i have acquired a new car and the belt is not long enough for me to lean forward to see very well. Does anyone have any ideas as to where would be a good place to get an extension for it. I have asked around and i am not getting very far. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

(And no i didn't buy the car, as if i would be daft enough to buy it if it was not right)

Friend of mine was a cop in Canada and she gave me the illustrated lecture... :o

I'll never forget those pics, nor the physics of trying to stop your combined mass x velocity using just your arms...

Clunk, click, ever trip... or it'll be your last...

I'd definitely wear a seatbelt. Putting one on takes all of half a second. It really isn't worth risking it for the sake of half a second every time you get in the car. On the subject of irresponsible parents, I saw a toddler but the other day walking about on the back seat of a car whilst its (presumably) parents were in the front, driving. Disgusting.

Archived