Do you use a wood burner?

Allen

I think it goes back to childhood memories of Grannies cottage with an open fire.....but I've had this longing to open up the fireplace and install a wood burner.

Well...I've taken the plunge and one is being installed very soon.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has one....and any opinions please.

I've spoken to two people using them and they both say "best thing I've ever done".

They are beautiful things, but they need the right fireplace.

I had one in my last house which was a fantastic old farmhouse. I had a woodburner in the living room and it brought the place alive.

I've now got a draughty Victorian semi and one just wouldn't go. I've got an open fire going now though. It is cold out there.

In time, I intend to move to somewhere which suits a woodburner again. They are lovely.

Thanks for the encouragement sibon.

This place is an old miners cottage that's been modernised somewhat.

Two rooms downstairs now one large living area with an open plan staircase.

Im hoping the heat will be sufficient to heat upstairs too.

I can't be doing with the large gas bills anymore.

Thanks for the encouragement sibon.

This place is an old miners cottage that's been modernised somewhat.

Two rooms downstairs now one large living area with an open plan staircase.

Im hoping the heat will be sufficient to heat upstairs too.

I can't be doing with the large gas bills anymore.

I had a woodburner and an Esse in my other place. I used to light them both, open all the doors and turn the heating off. Toasty.

A woodburner will easily warm a two up two down. My Gran used to heat one of those from an open coal fire:)

We had one put in our house as we have a massive fireplace which used to be the kitchen range and we love it.

When we first moved in and we were renovating the bathroom & kitchen, the woodburner was a lifesaver, it kept us warm, clean and even fed on a few occasions!

Archived