If you are disgusted with the BBC sign the e petition

Bruno

If I choose to go to Argos instead of Currys, Currys don't send me a bill every year for not going in their shop.If I choose to watch sky or Virgin the bbc still send me a bill.Like I say,how is freeview,freeview if they still send me a bill every year?

Licence fee money went into freeview. Digital UK was one of the main partners who got the thing set up.

For the final time.... THE LICENCE FEE IS NOT JUST FOR THE BBC!!!!!!

You are paying for a licence to have television signals beamed into your home. That's what its for. Nearly all countries have them - often a hangover from the old radio licence.

ALL broadcasters also take a cut from the licence fee and as I keep saying the basic infrastructure to send and receive broadcast would not exist without the licence fee.

Will people get into their thick heads. You are not just paying for bloody BBC1.

Its very simple. If you choose to watch broadcast television you need a television licence. If you dont then simply dont have a TV and stick to a dvd player, games console or computer instead.

Licence fee money went into freeview. Digital UK was one of the main partners who got the thing set up.

For the final time.... THE LICENCE FEE IS NOT JUST FOR THE BBC!!!!!!

You are paying for a licence to have television signals beamed into your home. That's what its for. Nearly all countries have them - often a hangover from the old radio licence.

ALL broadcasters also take a cut from the licence fee and as I keep saying the basic infrastructure to send and receive broadcast would not exist without the licence fee.

Will people get into their thick heads. You are not just paying for bloody BBC1.

Its very simple. If you choose to watch broadcast television you need a television licence. If you dont then simply dont have a TV and stick to a dvd player, games console or computer instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have to say it again - and fairly soon too. It genuinely appears to be too radical a truth for some to accept.

Got my response from the BBC. Anyone else who has made a complaint will probably get the same boilerplate:

Thank you for contacting the BBC with your concerns about the terms under which George Entwistle left his job as Director-General on 10 November 2012.

I should explain that this is an area of BBC Trust responsibility, and the Trust has provided the following information:

“The Trust understands the concerns that have been raised about this issue and can assure you the Trust’s priority, at all times, is to act in the best interests of the licence fee payer.

As you may be aware, the Chairman of the BBC Trust, Lord Patten, has written to John Whittingdale MP, the Chairman of the House of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee, to provide some further explanation as to the terms agreed for Mr Entwistle’s departure. The letter was published and is available on the BBC Trust website here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/news/press_releases/2012/chairman_letter_jw.html

As explained in Lord Patten’s letter, the Chairman consulted colleagues on the Trust’s Remuneration and Appointments Committee (which carries out the Trust's duties regarding Executive Board pay and appointments) as well as taking legal advice and decided that a settlement providing for George Entwistle to depart on agreed terms was justified and necessary. It was the Trust’s view that the alternative to this decisive settlement would have led to continuing uncertainty at a time when the BBC needs all of its focus on resolving fundamental issues of trust in BBC journalism.”

If you remain unhappy and wish to take the matter further you should contact the Trust directly about this, then you can do so by emailing Trust.Enquiries@bbc.co.uk or by writing to them at BBC Trust Unit, 180 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5QZ.

Thanks once again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints

It is a tax:-

"In January 2006 the Office of National Statistics re-classified the

licence fee as a tax"

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200506/ldselect/ldbbc/128/128i.pdf

You mean the quango which does or says anything the government paymasters want it to do? Considering diasterous Dave spat his dummy out at the BBC it's hardly surprising to see them attack the BBS is it?

You mean the quango which does or says anything the government paymasters want it to do?

I mean that organisation who's data you're happy to use when it suits you, but are quick to discount when it doesn't.

Considering diasterous Dave spat his dummy out at the BBC it's hardly surprising to see them attack the BBS is it?

Who was in government in 2006?

Archived