If you are disgusted with the BBC sign the e petition

Bruno

The BBC is a grade A organisation.

Can you imagine any other network broadcasting a 30 minute documentary on it's own failings so soon after an event like BBC did with the panorama programme 'Jimmy Savile - What the BBC Knew' a few weeks ago?

As broadcasting organisations go it really doesn't get more open than that.

Can you imagine ITV or SKY doing that? Or even channel 4?

To me its like the serial killer that sticks around to watch the emergency services get to work.

As far as I can tell, these programs show nothing but a boast of its previous conduct.

Has any good come from them?

Will you be as supportive when the next Saville style story is released in time to come representing what is happening right now.

How is the bbc license fee voluntary if I have to pay it to watch anybody's tv channel.As I say it's like like shopping at Morrisons and being sent a bill by Sainsburys for not going in their shop.

It is voluntary in the sense that you are not forced to pay it. You can choose to not watch TV.

To me its like the serial killer that sticks around to watch the emergency services get to work.

As far as I can tell, these programs show nothing but a boast of its previous conduct.

Has any good come from them?

Will you be as supportive when the next Saville style story is released in time to come representing what is happening right now.

If you think that and ask these questions you shouldn't really be on this forum, it's a bit intellectual for you.

Why can,t tne beeb & Itv become subscription channels, where you pay if you want to watch. It wouldn,t be difficult to scramble the picture and then you pay say £5 per month or whatever?, perhaps they know that if this came about there would be a lot of people losing a nice little earner1

Why can,t tne beeb & Itv become subscription channels, where you pay if you want to watch. It wouldn,t be difficult to scramble the picture and then you pay say £5 per month or whatever?, perhaps they know that if this came about there would be a lot of people losing a nice little earner1

They technically already are. You are paying for the licence to watch broadcast television.

You can try any scheme you like but you are still going to have to pay a TV licence of some sort. Or maybe you would scrap that and pay a subscription for each broadcast channel on the TV and a separate radio licence instead oh and then another pay as you go fee for funding of the online broadcast services too..... The licence fee is far more than just the channels. I keep saying that there is a whole infrastructure behind it which everyone keeps forgetting about. How do you think it happens. It has to be paid for.

Its simple. If you dont want to pay - dont watch TV. Get yourself a DVD player or laptop and watch what you want or download what you want.

You are not forced to pay it.

They technically already are. You are paying for the licence to watch broadcast television.

You can try any scheme you like but you are still going to have to pay a TV licence of some sort. Or maybe you would scrap that and pay a subscription for each broadcast channel on the TV and a separate radio licence instead oh and then another pay as you go fee for funding of the online broadcast services too..... The licence fee is far more than just the channels. I keep saying that there is a whole infrastructure behind it which everyone keeps forgetting about. How do you think it happens. It has to be paid for.

Its simple. If you dont want to pay - dont watch TV. Get yourself a DVD player or laptop and watch what you want or download what you want.

You are not forced to pay it.

Roughly what percentage of the licencee fee after the exorbitant costs of collection doesn't go to the BBC for its exclusive use?

Half? 10%? 0.21%?

I pay about £350 a year for 1 daily newspaper. Twice what I pay for a TV licence and for that I get all of the BBC's output. Several TV channels a massive web resource and dozens of radio stations, all for 40p a day. I realise it's not very popular to say so round here, but I would pay it for radio 4 alone. All the rest is a bonus.

1 There is hardly enough advertising revenue for the indi channels that there are now. Add the BBC by ending the licence and it will have a massive detrimental affect on output across all channels.

2 The vast majority of people out there who avoid paying a licence are not principled folk who are taking a stand and sticking to the rules by not watching the BBC output, they are freeloaders who would be doing the same to SKY if they could get away with it.

Archived