Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Did your friend deserve the ticket ?

No one deserves to be conned by the parking scammers , they are a cancer on society.

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 17:07 ----------

I see lots of selfish, unthinking, not bothered behaviour like that and I'd wish away all the loopholes.

I personally want to see all private parking companies suffer and go bankrupt .

Quick response: someone did wrong for reasons of ignorance, bloody-mindedness or "it was inconvenient" and now hopes to find a loophole.

I see lots of selfish, unthinking, not bothered behaviour like that and I'd wish away all the loopholes.

Quick response.

They pretend they can issue "fines".

People think they are "fines". They aren't. Doesn't mean you should ignore them.

Quick response: someone did wrong for reasons of ignorance, bloody-mindedness or "it was inconvenient" and now hopes to find a loophole.

None of the above. The fact that NGH offers parking for staff at a price but cannot guarantee a parking place. That's why people won't pay. How can someone sell a service that they cannot guarantee is available? Where's the loop hole here to justify this.

Had anybody got any advice, my friend borrowed my car and got a ticket. But he was a visitor and now has gone back to his country. I wrote a letter and they still demanding money. Has anybody got a letter which I could use to write and appeal

Have a read of post 732, not that far above here, or start your own thread at Pepipoo, where you may be asked to post up a scan of each side of everything you have received (with all your personal details blanked out.)

My son now had 2 CCJs for failing to pay 2 of these and these issued within months. He has a reason for not getting his post and so had no idea that they were issuing these. He only found out when he checked his credit record to work out why he had not been accepted for a small loan! This was within the last week. The 2 tickets were from a few of months ago at Centertainment.

So, be careful, the advice saying you do not need to pay may end you up in the same position!