Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

There is now a lot of anecdotal evidence that the larger Private Parking Companies (VCS/ Excel and Parking Eye) are no longer submitting evidence to POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeal) because they will always lose when the magic words "Genuine Pre-Estimate of Loss" are uttered on the POPLA form.

At the moment they are on a winner because not enough people know to do this.

So please spread the word - don't IGNORE a Private Parking Company so called fine and instead make an appeal and ask for a POPLA code.

Costs you nothing except a couple of letters and costs them £27.00+VAT.

What's not to like?

What's not to like?

Absolutely nothing :)

For my benefit, at what point do the parking scammers hand over their hard-earned £27 + VAT, is it when they obtain a POPLA code (allowing you to submit your appeal) or when they submit their 'evidence'?

Advice on next steps appreciated please.

I parked outside of a marked bay at Centertainment due to booking tickets at the same time as Disney on ice was on so no spaces available.

Had a ticket on the screen when I came out (as expected). I got the POPLA reference number and applied to them. They have come back today and refused my appeal on the ground the parking company submitted evidence that the rules was signposted and also said that the charge of £100 was justfiable.

Is that the end of it? Do I now have to pay up? Should I ignore/write to the parking comapny? Asked for a reduced charge? Wait for a court notice or what?

Any help apprecaited!

Kieron

Oh dear ! You would have had a really easy win if you had bothered to research before hand

That shows why you should always get forum advice on how to win at popla.

Don't do anything unless you get a letter before claim from ukcps or receive a court claim

if you do go on mse parking ticket forum

Edited by kirkbylad