Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

I received a parking ticket a few weeks ago now and contested it by filling in one of the forms online 17 days ago, however i still have no reply.

How long does it usually take Sheffield City Council to reply?

I can't find a number anywhere on the website regarding parking tickets who i can ring!

Cheers for any help!

I received a parking ticket a few weeks ago now and contested it by filling in one of the forms online 17 days ago, however i still have no reply.

How long does it usually take Sheffield City Council to reply?

I can't find a number anywhere on the website regarding parking tickets who i can ring!

Cheers for any help!

This isnt a thread for council tickets, this is for tickets issued on private land.

Council tickets you legally have to pay, or dispute then pay :hihi:

This isnt a thread for council tickets, this is for tickets issued on private land.

I didn't put it in here it got moved to here actually.

And if you read my post i have already disputed it.

My other half got a ticket a few weeks back in one of the council owned car parks. Long story but her ticket was face down on the dashboard. We filled an online dispute but have yet to hear back too. Funnily enough I parked in the same car park the other day and had to ask a passing warden if they could change a note. I also mentioned what had happened to my wife a fortnight earlier. She said not to worry the council had a 4 week back log and providing our ticket was valid they would drop the charge. Apparently upside down tickets are a common occurance. The parking wardens take a photo of the ticket as it has a unique serial number on the back. They run this number through their system at a later date which confirms if the ticket was valid at the time of the PCN.

The lesson here is NEVER EVER park in council controlled car parks or on street parking. Always park in car parks run by private parking companies, that way you never have to pay to park and you never have to pay the "Invoices" :thumbsup:

So I'm on PCN court threat letter number 3, this one is even on paper with a big black header and footer.

There's no chance of me paying, and even if they do take it to court, I won't attend and I doubt that would make any difference to the outcome!

Anybody have an idea of how many of these to expect? It's been going on since January :hihi:

So I'm on PCN court threat letter number 3, this one is even on paper with a big black header and footer.

There's no chance of me paying, and even if they do take it to court, I won't attend and I doubt that would make any difference to the outcome!

Anybody have an idea of how many of these to expect? this has been going on since January :hihi:

Im assuming this is an invoice from a private parking company. ? If so everyone ive had ( and there has been many :hihi:), ive received about 4 letters ,gradually increasing in threats . They will go away and try and scam someone else after the 4th usually. I also assume you have received the letter from their fake solicitors ( Graham White`s) ? Just keep ignoring ,wont be long now till the junk mail stops landing on your doormat. :hihi:

Err not quite! You don't attend, they win by default! Bravado is all well and good and it's unlikely you'd ever see court papers but do not dismiss them if you do.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Err not quite! You don't attend, they win by default! Bravado is all well and good and it's unlikely you'd ever see court papers but do not dismiss them if you do.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The chance of these jokers taking you to court is virtually Zero as they know the chances are they will lose ,and they also know they arnt very popular with Judges . Ive had many inovices from these cowboys ,and ive never once been taken to court. They try it on for a while with threatening ,official looking letters then normally go away when they realize you arnt going to pay.

But ,of course you are right saying never ignore official court papers should the PPC be feeling brave enough to fancy annoying another Judge.