Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

I just bin the invoices the minute i receive them and treat the junk mail they send me the same as Pizza flyers .

I am seriously worried about this advice although I realise we are on the same side.

You should NEVER throw anything away that hints at legal action. (Not just speculative invoices from Parking companies.

First of all I am currently in dispute with a private parking company about one of their speculative invoices. The reason they are not going to stand a prayer if they go to court is the have ignored all the dates by which they are legally bound. Saving the paperwork helped. :)

Secondly I am aware of a lady who has done exactly have you have and has now received court papers. She is going frantic. She will be hard to advise since she has thrown the paperwork away.

By all means ignore things yourself if you feel you must and if it seems to work for you. But it might not be true for everyone.

Ive had so many from parking in Staples car park that ive lost count ,but not once have they served me with court papers. I can see your point about keeping any correspondence from these cowboys , but for some reason they dont seem to want to take me to court. :hihi:

Its not like ive not given them enough chances in the same car park. :hihi:

I am seriously worried about this advice although I realise we are on the same side.

You should NEVER throw anything away that hints at legal action. (Not just speculative invoices from Parking companies.

First of all I am currently in dispute with a private parking company about one of their speculative invoices. The reason they are not going to stand a prayer if they go to court is the have ignored all the dates by which they are legally bound. Saving the paperwork helped. :)

Secondly I am aware of a lady who has done exactly have you have and has now received court papers. She is going frantic. She will be hard to advise since she has thrown the paperwork away.

By all means ignore things yourself if you feel you must and if it seems to work for you. But it might not be true for everyone.

point her browser this way, if you can: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?390479-REceived-Court-Papers-From-A-Private-parking-Speculative-invoice-How-To-Deal-With-It-HERE***

• 2 weeks later...

Parking Charge Notice-Parking Eye in Hillsborough.

Took my wife to an urgent Chiropractic appointment and parked for 50mins (I stayed in the car) behind the clinic (down the side of Jack fultons opposite Wilkinsons).

I will be honest and say I probably have my self to blame as i didnt read the signs as my wife was in so much pain and the clinic got her a last minute appt!

Anyway rec'd a parking charge notice today for £85 or £50 if i pay in 14 days.

Ive never had a parking fine before.

Can they encforce it? Thanks

police or council = pay, private company has no right to issue fine!!!, ignore every letter, they will give up

That's not quite true. They have every right to issue a PCN, not a fine.

Whether the driver chooses to ignore or not is another matter.