Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

My son recently parked in the Meadowhall Retail Park after the shops were closed at around 7.15 pm to go to the Centertainment he returned at 11.15 there were hardly any cars parked in this massive car park.

However, you guessed it, he received a Contractual Parking Charge Notice.

Two questions:

Do we have to pay it?

What happens if we don't

I could understand that they don't want people taking up spaces for shoppers but if none of the shops are open and the car park is empty then I feel that its another one of those money making rackets.

Any advice is appreciated:thumbsup:

We got a PCN last year when visiting cineworld. There was nowhere to park so we had to park on the pavement. When we came out we hada PCN. the ticket warden was having a field day. Someone else who had a ticket went to complain and explain why she had no alternative than to park where she did. He laughed in her face and it appeared he was enjoying her distress. we took photos and i wrote several letters but to no avail. We paid up as it threatened to keep doubling the charge if we didn't pay. Since then I have seen several pots on this forum and other places advising us to ignore it. I wish we had. On principle I have not beento Cineworld since and do not intend to do so.

We got a PCN last year when visiting cineworld. There was nowhere to park so we had to park on the pavement. When we came out we hada PCN. the ticket warden was having a field day. Someone else who had a ticket went to complain and explain why she had no alternative than to park where she did. He laughed in her face and it appeared he was enjoying her distress. we took photos and i wrote several letters but to no avail. We paid up as it threatened to keep doubling the charge if we didn't pay. Since then I have seen several pots on this forum and other places advising us to ignore it. I wish we had. On principle I have not beento Cineworld since and do not intend to do so.

Sounds like you parked on the road inbetween the cinema and the exit, which is a road enforced by Sheffield City Council and should NOT be confused by the unenforceable piece of paper that Pegasus has received in the retail park car park next door.

We got a PCN last year when visiting cineworld. There was nowhere to park so we had to park on the pavement.

But you didn't "have to". Get there earlier next time, or park elsewhere and use your legs. And people wonder why they get hassled with PCNs. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you parked on the road inbetween the cinema and the exit, which is a road enforced by Sheffield City Council and should NOT be confused by the unenforceable piece of paper that Pegasus has received in the retail park car park next door.

No we didn't. We were in the car park immediately at the rear of cineworld. There are raised areas in between the bays and we had parked on one of those. We were not obstructing anybody or any vehicle. If they cannot provide adequate parking for customers then what is the point of out of town complexes? One of their supposed selling points is that there is ample free parking. What a joke!!

No we didn't. We were in the car park immediately at the rear of cineworld. There are raised areas in between the bays and we had parked on one of those. We were not obstructing anybody or any vehicle. If they cannot provide adequate parking for customers then what is the point of out of town complexes? One of their supposed selling points is that there is ample free parking. What a joke!!

Ah, in which case then you were a fool for paying it, although at least you now acknowledge that.

But you didn't "have to". Get there earlier next time, or park elsewhere and use your legs. And people wonder why they get hassled with PCNs. :rolleyes:

We were there earlier. But answer this question? If for example 2000 people want to use the same facilities at the same time yet there are only 1800 places where do the other 200 people park? And as for your condescending remark about "using our legs" not everybody is in good health and cannot walk very far.

IGNORE IT ............. its not a fine , its an invoice which is worthless and unenforcable . Do not pay it, and what ever you do , do NOT contact the parking company who gave it you. You do not have to pay this , its NOT a fine.

the company was pcm (parking control management) and it says its an approved operator.

This doesnt change the advice in any way.

I do hope so because i am quite worried about it, as i said the blue badge was the wrong way round, i was not illegally parked there.