Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Ripping up a piece of paper that even hints at legal action is not necessarily the best advice people can give you.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60 is one place you can go for good advice. Read through the threads about your particular parking company so you know what to expect.

Another place is http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk

The advice in these places can help you.

Graham White Solicitors is either a real firm in which case you need to worry, but in regard to parking it is almost certainly a 76 year old solicitor who signs these letters Michael Sobell which are sent from the next desk at Roxburgh Debt Collectors. This is also a "real" firm - it just so happens this is the only work they do. Try typing it in the internet and you will see.

Very occasionally they do take legal action but back off when faced with a defence.

Graham White`s isnt even a real solicitors, they are made up. Roxborough`s, well, ive had loads from them . They send you a threatening letter every time you get a parking invoice. Just keep ignoring and they will go away. You will receive the one from Graham Whites next ,them usually one more saying its your last chance to pay or they will start court proceedings. usual rubbish and hot air from them.

I got my letter from Graham White's on Monday, stating that they 'may' be instructed to take action and reclaim charges blah, blah, blah...it was all very vague so I added it to my increasing pile of threatening letters :)

I got my letter from Graham White's on Monday, stating that they 'may' be instructed to take action and reclaim charges blah, blah, blah...it was all very vague so I added it to my increasing pile of threatening letters :)

Ignore them............. ive had dozens of "Threatening Letters " from these muppets over the last few years ........... all empty threats and bullying tactics....... eventually they go away and annoy someone else ( until you receive your next parking invoice :hihi: )

I think I'm now on letter no.4 from whoever manages Crystal Peaks..this one is from a 'debt collection' agency.

I admire their resolve. Anyway, took a copy, put it back in an envelope with no stamp on and sent it back

I think I'm now on letter no.4 from whoever manages Crystal Peaks..this one is from a 'debt collection' agency.

I admire their resolve. Anyway, took a copy, put it back in an envelope with no stamp on and sent it back

You not had the scary letter from Graham Whites then yet ? :hihi:

hi all, i'm new to this forum and don't know if i'm posting in the correct place but here goes............

on friday 21st just gone i was on my way back from meadowhall and my heavily pregnant partner needed the loo, so i went into centertainment and it was rammed with cars (nowhere to park and cars waiting to park), so having an old car i pulled it on the kerb, not on a footpath but on an untarmacked peice of dirt next to a lampost, it was not in anybodys way and it was also not in a marked out bay, i then helped the mrs out and took her to the loo, when we left my car it said 27mins past, 7-10mins later we returned and there was a ticket on my car issued by ukcps at 27mins past (he must have watched me park up and waited for me to leave), now thats just takin the pxss!! i called them today to try to lessen the astrnomical £60 ticket (£100 after 14 days) but there havin none of it! just wanting to know if anybody has any experience with these fools? should i pay it? what should i expect if i dont pay it?

many thanks.