Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

If they cant enforce it then why do they send me so many letters saying they can?

Because they work on the basis that people dont know any better ,and will just pay them.they make their invoices look like official parking tickets to make them seem legitimate . The threatening letters that follow are just bullying tactics ,nothing more. It is a scam that has been going on some years ,but thanks to the internet more and more people now know these invoices hold no weight in law and cannot be enforced no matter what the ticket or car park signs say.

Because they work on the basis that people dont know any better ,and will just pay them.they make their invoices look like official parking tickets to make them seem legitimate . The threatening letters that follow are just bullying tactics ,nothing more. It is a scam that has been going on some years ,but thanks to the internet more and more people now know these invoices hold no weight in law and cannot be enforced no matter what the ticket or car park signs say.

Thank you for that. I think ill write to them asking them to stop contacting me and if they do ill consider it harassment. I hope that stops the letters from coming :)

Thank you for that. I think ill write to them asking them to stop contacting me and if they do ill consider it harassment. I hope that stops the letters from coming :)

No, just ignore them. Responding will make them think "ooh, we have a live one here!" and they will just continue.

No, just ignore them. Responding will make them think "ooh, we have a live one here!" and they will just continue.

But they send me loads of letters. Im getting them at the rate of at least 3 a week. Some weeks i had 1 or 2, even none but it averages out at about 3 a week. This has to be harassment if they have no legal powers to enforce the fine. I want them to stop.

But they send me loads of letters. Im getting them at the rate of at least 3 a week. Some weeks i had 1 or 2, even none but it averages out at about 3 a week. This has to be harassment if they have no legal powers to enforce the fine. I want them to stop.

Hi Bang Tidy

By the sound of your post above they are getting you just where they want you, dont worry about them, put them in a box or some where when they arrive and try not let them worry you, the time to worry is when you get a court summons but you wont get one of those, above all do not contact them els you will get a lot more letters.

Just treat them like Pizza Flyers ........... bin them. They will bombard you will threatening letters for a while ,then they will try it on with someone else when they realize you wont pay.

Hi Bang Tidy

By the sound of your post above they are getting you just where they want you, dont worry about them, put them in a box or some where when they arrive and try not let them worry you, the time to worry is when you get a court summons but you wont get one of those, above all do not contact them els you will get a lot more letters.

Hi kidley. Thank you for that. You've put my mind at ease. Ill not let them worry from now on.

Thank you :)

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 09:22 ----------

Just treat them like Pizza Flyers ........... bin them. They will bombard you will threatening letters for a while ,then they will try it on with someone else when they realize you wont pay.

Thank you too Penistone.