Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Got a PCN for behind Farmfoods, Hillsboro (3-6-13). (I parked 2 hrs 36 mins where it states 2 hrs is free ... I'd been at Doctor's (for ages), Boots, Farmfoods, Dunelm, etc. ... )

Anyways, I read this thread & ignored the 'invoice' ... got 2 more (also ignored) then postie brought a letter this morning that needed signing for ... Opened it & it's a 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION' from Parking Eye ... Now I can't say I didn't receive this one but (despite reading your links) am still unsure of my next move .... ANY advice very welcome ... Thanks, in advance

:)

Got a PCN for behind Farmfoods, Hillsboro (3-6-13). (I parked 2 hrs 36 mins where it states 2 hrs is free ... I'd been at Doctor's (for ages), Boots, Farmfoods, Dunelm, etc. ... )

Anyways, I read this thread & ignored the 'invoice' ... got 2 more (also ignored) then postie brought a letter this morning that needed signing for ... Opened it & it's a 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION' from Parking Eye ... Now I can't say I didn't receive this one but (despite reading your links) am still unsure of my next move .... ANY advice very welcome ... Thanks, in advance

:)

Im on my 'Letter before action' too. Got it a couple of weeks ago. I would be lying if I said I wasnt slightly nervous.

Its a standard threatening letter trying to call your bluff . Ive had loads of these. They make them look very "Official" to try and scare you into paying or they say will take you to court. which they very rarely do.

So have you definitively had these 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION' threats and beaten them? (via the 'ignore' route)

I'm tempted to go the whole 'appeal' / POPLA / become a nuisance route ... Like I said, just unsure of best plan of action ... (or even 'in-action' ... :):)

So have you definitively had these 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION' threats and beaten them? (via the 'ignore' route)

I'm tempted to go the whole 'appeal' / POPLA / become a nuisance route ... Like I said, just unsure of best plan of action ... (or even 'in-action' ... :):)

I have always adopted a policy of "IGNORE EVERYTHING " , but not everyone adopts that approach ,and some people go down the POPLA route . I see parking invoices as an occupational hazard ,and ive had dozens of them over the years ,ive never paid any of them ,and ive never once been taken to court after receiving the standard Letter before Action ,but its up to you which course of action you feel is right for you.

I have always adopted a policy of "IGNORE EVERYTHING " , but not everyone adopts that approach ,and some people go down the POPLA route . I see parking invoices as an occupational hazard ,and ive had dozens of them over the years, I've never paid any of them ,and ive never once been taken to court after receiving the standard Letter before Action ,but its up to you which course of action you feel is right for you.

Ah so if you HAVE had these 'LBA' letters and come out unscathed that's a big positive ... :-)

My main concern was the Recorded Delivery aspect of today's invoice ...:suspect:

Ah so if you HAVE had these 'LBA' letters and come out unscathed that's a big positive ... :-)

My main concern was the Recorded Delivery aspect of today's invoice ...:suspect:

My bold

If i may comment as some body who has never had one, the recorded delivery had its intended affect.

We send all letters of claim normal delivery but the final letter before we issue proceedings goes recorded so that if the court proceedings are ignored as well we enter judgment without the defendants having any argument.

Not saying that is happening here but it's certainly interesting.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

We send all letters of claim normal delivery but the final letter before we issue proceedings goes recorded so that if the court proceedings are ignored as well we enter judgment without the defendants having any argument.

Not saying that is happening here but it's certainly interesting.

By 'We' (and a lack of quotation) is it fair to assume you work for these characters? Or are somehow on the dark side? :suspect:

(If not, apologies but your post isn't clear on the matter)

Quote:

By 'We' (and a lack of quotation) is it fair to assume you work for these characters? Or are somehow on the dark side?

(If not, apologies but your post isn't clear on the matter)

Not at all. Read back. I'm a personal injury solicitor.