Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

By 'We' (and a lack of quotation) is it fair to assume you work for these characters? Or are somehow on the dark side? :suspect:

(If not, apologies but your post isn't clear on the matter)

I think Moosey is either a solicitor or lawyer or something along those lines .

EDIT............. Ignore that ,he has already answered the question.

I think Moosey is either a solicitor or lawyer or something along those lines .

EDIT............. Ignore that ,he has already answered the question.

But that's the question ... should I 'ignore that' or appeal it? :P

But that's the question ... should I 'ignore that' or appeal it? :P

Personally, I'm not going to advise either way in case it all goes Pete Tong.

However I would tactfully suggest that both you and Nikki-Red wander over and have a look at PepiPoo before coming to a decision, particularly an ill advised one.

Hope you have access to a scanner as they will probably want you to post up suitably anonymised copies of all your paperwork to date.

The good folks over there seem quite busy with Parking Eye LBAs at the moment

so i'v just had my first ukcps letter...... dear mr joe bloggs you have 28days to pay up!! otherwise we take you to court! LOL!! was just thinking though....... would these people not ever sell the invoice on to a recovery agency?

many thanks.

Hi

It may alter the ignore advice of people after reading this in pepipoo

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=79586

thanks peak4 for bringing this to my attention

Not altered my stance what so ever . I can only go on personal experience and the way i choose to deal with the junk mail these parking cowboys post to me , but ive been using the "Ignore Everything" method for a few years now and ive not once been issued official court papers. I have never once entered into any form of correspondence with the parking cowboys and i have a 100% success rate so far.

Im on my 'Letter before action' too. Got it a couple of weeks ago. I would be lying if I said I wasnt slightly nervous.

You need to read (and possibly act on) this:

Thanks for that endorsement Moosey. It is also a lot less expensive than paying the so-called fine!

---------- Post added 26-07-2013 at 05:14 ----------

If you receive a Letter Before Claim, or a Letter Before Action, there is some excellent advice here.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4705657

Make sure you read the whole thread.

Here we go again,,,, my parents have had a parking ticket in lidl supermarket

For staying over the 2 hour limit in Skegness did some shopping first then went to the chemist down the road, when they got home have had a notice to pay

A private car parking company £90 or £45 within two weeks I told her not to pay it but she asked a police man about the ticket who looked on computer

And said she will have to pay as its on the police register so why are people on here saying do not pay.??

Here we go again,,,, my parents have had a parking ticket in lidl supermarket

For staying over the 2 hour limit in Skegness did some shopping first then went to the chemist down the road, when they got home have had a notice to pay

A private car parking company £90 or £45 within two weeks I told her not to pay it but she asked a police man about the ticket who looked on computer

And said she will have to pay as its on the police register so why are people on here saying do not pay.??

Parking tickets from private parking companies are civil issues NOT criminal and have no legal standing what so ever . Private parking companies are chancers who try and scam motorists with worthless "Invoices . Remember they are NOT Fines.