Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Ok ....that is what I am doing....ignoring all correspondence......I shall return to the forum if and when I get the official court document. All i want to know is if it comes to that have we any right to appeal, knowing that he DID overstay?

Ok ....that is what I am doing....ignoring all correspondence......I shall return to the forum if and when I get the official court document. All i want to know is if it comes to that have we any right to appeal, knowing that he DID overstay?

It wont come to that so there is no point answering it.

Received a parking ticket last night, photo graphic evidence is poor; so is the lighting on Carlisle Street.

I didn't park on the yellow lines, they have said I did. Although the photographic evidence says otherwise.

Worth a shot at appealing?

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w662/Gary_J_Mitchell/photo_zpsde92ca4c.jpg

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w662/Gary_J_Mitchell/photo2_zps47759cde.jpg

I don't know whereabouts on Carlisle Street this is, but from the first photo it looks like you are parked over some white hatching. Do you know what this hatching is actually for?

Does the ticket actually say "parking on double yellow lines", or is it something more general, like "parking contrary to regulations" type of wording. You might not be allowed to park on the hatching, for example, or you may be being ticketed for parking on the pavement.

If it is specifically for parking on yellows. IIRC, there have been cases where people have successfully appealed when, for example, the double yellow lines have been poorly maintained - for example, the lines should normally terminate with a small line at 90 degrees. Yours fdoesn't appear to have one, or it is a trick of the light. Or do the double yellows continue further on but have been covered up in the area where you parked by new road covering etc. If the regulations for double yellows stop where they appear to stop on the photo, then there is normally a sign at the change point to say what applies beyond.

Ignore it.........its a scam invoice , not worth the paper its printed on sent by cowboys trying to con you.

Could I take the parking company to

court for making me feel ill with stress because of their harassment

It could have all been avoided if right at the beginning you followed the rules of the car park.

Who cares if its free or not, or whether they're scam invoices, the point and blame starts right when you don't bother to read the signs or leave when the ask.

It isn't difficult, many of us are able to do it every day without hassle. But this point seems to have been lost on many.

Received a parking ticket last night, photo graphic evidence is poor; so is the lighting on Carlisle Street.

I didn't park on the yellow lines, they have said I did. Although the photographic evidence says otherwise.

Worth a shot at appealing?

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w662/Gary_J_Mitchell/photo_zpsde92ca4c.jpg

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w662/Gary_J_Mitchell/photo2_zps47759cde.jpg

I've now worked out where you were parked. The view of the rear of the car shows the Carlisle St entrance to Tesco at the rear, and there is the cul de sac sign just in front of the car. You are parked on double yellows which extend under the car. The place where you parked can be viewed on street view. The double yellow lines extend to the opening to a set of gates just behind your car.

Street view shows it clearly, although I cannot post a link at present