Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Last year I said that once clamping became illegal and as more and more people know that the tickets they give out are worthless, they would change their tactics.

They're there to make sure the car parks are used fairly and properly, and if they can't do that and lose their revenue, they will look into some other way to see this is done.

But you just laughed and repeated the same tired old mantra. Now expect to reap what you sow.

This is what I said earlier. The law doesn't just give continually to one party. I've done this job long enough to know that it's give and then take.

We were given no more clamping which is great but the escape route to avoid charges was always going to be taken.

If our firm did any work for the parking companies I'd be advising them to issue proceedings on every ticket outstanding in the last 6 years. Thankfully we don't have any work from them.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Have you read Moosey's post above?..Things appear to be changing..

But isn't the issue surrounding contract law and the levy of "unlawful penalty clauses" - i.e. penalising drivers for some random £amount which has no relation to the "losses" they (or the land owner) have incurred still absolutely valid?

I've decided to change my tactics and today am going to write to VSC to appeal, and if that doesn't work go to POPLA, then see where that takes me. If I end up in court then so be it....

Quote:

Originally Posted by truman

Have you read Moosey's post above?..Things appear to be changing..

But isn't the issue surrounding contract law and the levy of "unlawful penalty clauses" - i.e. penalising drivers for some random £amount which has no relation to the "losses" they (or the land owner) have incurred still absolutely valid?

I've decided to change my tactics and today am going to write to VSC to appeal, and if that doesn't work go to POPLA, then see where that takes me. If I end up in court then so be it....

The Court of Appeal weren't worried about that to be honest.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The Court of Appeal weren't worried about that to be honest.

I have no legal background, but I don't consider myself to be a simpleton. I really don't understand how what appears to be a fundamental legal principle be ignored?

Anyhoo, back to me, if I end up in court my defence will be based on the punitive charge they invoiced me. If they can demonstrate a valid and supportable detailed breakdown of the claimant’s loss then I'll willingly pay up.....

The signs are meaningless and do NOT form a contract . They are no different to the so called Disabled parking bays in car parks on private land .......... WORTHLESS.

---------- Post added 31-07-2013 at 23:17 ----------

Ive has loads of these invoices over the past few years (mostly from parking in Staples car park and never paying) and ive never once paid ,ive ignored every threatening letter these jokers have sent me and ive never once been taken to court.

Like i said....Keep up old boy!

---------- Post added 01-08-2013 at 13:04 ----------

If you have any sense you will do nothing yet but go to http://www.pepipoo.com and open a thread to obtain proper accurate advice.

The posts on here are a joke and if followed are going to cost some dearly but it doesnt stop them giving dodgy info.

Ps Popla the independant,IS training ppc's not very independant is it?

Go to the above link and do yourselfs a favour and ignore the drivel here

But you just laughed and repeated the same tired old mantra. Now expect to reap what you sow.

Ive used Staples car park again today ,so lets see if i receive another scam invoice from the cowboys . Ive already had five this year alone for parking in Staples ,and i aint been taken to court once as i have ignored the lot. So we will see what happens shall we ,but i wont stop using Staples as a free car park.

Ive used Staples car park again today ,so lets see if i receive another scam invoice from the cowboys . Ive already had five this year alone for parking in Staples ,and i ain't been taken to court once as i have ignored the lot. So we will see what happens shall we ,but i wont stop using Staples as a free car park.

Well after reading pages & pages on here, then Pepipoo & Money Saving Expert.com ... it seems the game has changed recently ... AND depending on which firm has 'invoiced' you.

Parking Eye - my 'bill' - being one of the more dogged it would seem ...

The 'ignore' advice still stands UNTIL you get the 'Letter Before Action' one that I got (recorded delivery) last weekend .... Today I've sent off my 'acknowledgement' (not 'appeal' or anything prejudicial to me) written in the Third person and a full list of their 'flaws' in an amended template letter c/o MSE .... (the draft by poster zzzLazyDaisy on there) ....

I await their next move ...

And here comes the "attack the poster rather than the post" comments because you don't like what I say, even though its correct. :rolleyes:

Katie, I do appreciate your point and it isn't fair for workers like your family member. But the Crystal Peaks management need to deal with this, maybe set up a staff car park or permit scheme. Meadowhall have a system in place for workers. But on the other hand there's no obligation for a company to provide free parking for its workers.

Barriers cost money and cause congestion.

Isn't there a staff car park with a barrier system on the right as you enter Crystal Peaks from the top entrance? It used to be the old overspill car park.

Well after reading pages & pages on here, then Pepipoo & Money Saving Expert.com ... it seems the game has changed recently ... AND depending on which firm has 'invoiced' you.

Parking Eye - my 'bill' - being one of the more dogged it would seem ...

The 'ignore' advice still stands UNTIL you get the 'Letter Before Action' one that I got (recorded delivery) last weekend .... Today I've sent off my 'acknowledgement' (not 'appeal' or anything prejudicial to me) written in the Third person and a full list of their 'flaws' in an amended template letter c/o MSE .... (the draft by poster zzzLazyDaisy on there) ....

I await their next move ...

keep us informed of what happens going down the route you have chosen ,and good luck