Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

This happened to us.. Same scenario.. Busy car park.. parent and child sign.. Parked right next to it.. came back.... Ticket...

Pulled out of space to find a badly marked disabled bay, faded and worn, and unable to see it when driving around a busy car park.

Took some pictures just in case.

I was going to ignore it but instead sent a rather nasty email to the centre manager the next day.

Within 20 minutes i had a reply from the head of customer services asking for the PCN number.

Another 10 minutes later a conformation to say the charge had been cancelled and an apology.

I nearly did this at Crystal Peaks once; the markings aren't very distinctive and I thought I was in a parent and child space. I got all the kids out the car and as I was walking into the centre I turned back and realised, so I got all the kids (and the pram) back in the car to go find an appropriate space arrrgghhh. was a right rigmarole :rolleyes:

I work at Northern General Hospital and recently got one of these when I didn't have change for the machine. I am ignoring it as advised. I think it's appalling that we have to pay on hospital property, it's just a way of making money!

I work at Northern General Hospital and recently got one of these when I didn't have change for the machine. I am ignoring it as advised. I think it's appalling that we have to pay on hospital property, it's just a way of making money!

Not a wise move.

You are in a slightly different position to members of the general public and you may incur action from your employer.

If you do work at the NGH, I would check your contract of employment if I was you. I think there is a clause in there that states if you don't P&D and become liable, then they can take it from your wages.

I have to ask - why do you think it's appalling? Most people don't get free parking at work particularly if you work where the public is charged. I pay 50 quid a month to park within walking distance of work.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I have to ask - why do you think it's appalling? Most people don't get free parking at work particularly if you work where the public is charged. I pay 50 quid a month to park within walking distance of work.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Whats appalling is private parking cowboys are legally allowed to operate in this country at all. These scam merchants need to be outlawed permanently .