Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Agree with do nothing, they will leave you alone soon. I had a parking ticket at asda 1st August, 2012. Had all the threatening letters, ignored them all, did not make contact with anyone. They have now left me alone.......I think :suspect::D

Now and again one of the parking cowboys may chance their arm and risk taking someone to court, but they very rarely do because they know the chances are they will lose , so they rely on people being frightened into paying up when they receive their scary letters. A few may pay ,but most people now know these invoices are worthless and just ignore them.

They play a game of percentages . for every ,say 1000 invoices they issue ,they will hope maybe 10% pay them after they have sent out their threatening letters.

Just received a letter from newlyn debt collection ltd telling me not to ignore this letter and the amount outstanding is £149. Should i just ignore this too and just file it away with the rest of the letters i have received?

Is there any reason you should give it attention?

The debt/charge doesn't become any more legitimate just because another company is asking for it.

It's still not worth the paper it's printed on.

In fact read through the fine print and you might find the 'debt collection company' and the parking company share the same address :o

I have now noticed lots of high tec cameras up in this car park and it says customers can park for 90mins if found to be after that you will be fined £100!!

I am now panicking as I was 2 hrs doing a home make over shop! In the store. Can they still fine me? Every time the letter box rattles I panick as I can no way afford £100 fine and spent very little in the shop and didn't bother to keep my receipt. I thought fining and clamping was now illegal???. HELP

It's a speculative invoice..........ignore all communications (and there will be some) unless you get an unlikely official court paper (which you won't)

Do as above. I did, ignored everything. Got a ticket in August 2012, loads of letters, threatening correspondence, kept them but didn't correspond at all. After a few months, nothing. It's now over a year and nothing. Hold your nerve, it's easier said that done

Do as above. I did, ignored everything. Got a ticket in August 2012, loads of letters, threatening correspondence, kept them but didn't correspond at all. After a few months, nothing. It's now over a year and nothing. Hold your nerve, it's easier said that done

I find it quite easy , but i get plenty of practice what with the amount of scam invoices i receive. :hihi:

I have now noticed lots of high tec cameras up in this car park and it says customers can park for 90mins if found to be after that you will be fined £100!!

I am now panicking as I was 2 hrs doing a home make over shop! In the store. Can they still fine me? Every time the letter box rattles I panick as I can no way afford £100 fine and spent very little in the shop and didn't bother to keep my receipt. I thought fining and clamping was now illegal???. HELP

Its about time they did something about this car park, its private property that is being miss-used by many people in the area parking all day putting other business's in the area at risk.

its not a fine, its an invoice but as they wont own the land they cant enforce it in any court in the land, ignore all post and treat it as junk mail because thats all it is!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android