Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Your correct, the Barkley Precinct car park is operated by our old friends at Excel. Dont forget Excel`s owner , old Simon Henshaw-Smith also owns VCS parking, so it wouldnt surprise me if he is circumnavigating the Excel ban by requesting details from DVLA using VCS to get them. Very naughty if he is ,but AS Excel are still banned from using the DVLA database, how else would they be able to get the registered keepers details. ?

In order not to be misleading to anyone I doubt if he does. Nothing to stop the parking people putting tickets on cars. Just that he can't follow it up. I suspect this is just a ticket on a car.

In order not to be misleading to anyone I doubt if he does. Nothing to stop the parking people putting tickets on cars. Just that he can't follow it up. I suspect this is just a ticket on a car.

If it is some junk mail left under their windscreen wiper, then like you say he shouldnt receive any hamster bedding through the post............ but if they do , then it would be very fishy .

Can anyone advise me on the rules about fines (pcn) issued by a private firm on private land?

Basically I parked in a disabled bay at meadowhall this evening for 10minutes whilst collecting a large item from argos as the pick up bay was full. I was on my own and the disabled area of the carpark was empty so didnt see tge harm :(. The fine is £95 which is extortionate especially in the economic climate.

Ive found mixed information regarding private property fines and if they are enforceable.

Thanks

Really unhelpful people. Im looking for a genuine answer/advice if anyone has any. Im not an idiot so comments like 'you'll loose your house are just stupid and unnecessary.

If you are only interested in making rediculous comments do it somewhere else.

Thanks to all that have given me a helpful response - much appreciated :)