Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

well........ bad news! woke up yesterday to the postman delivering a hefty letter addresed to THE DEFENDANT!! official stamped papers from northampton court with regards to my ukcps parking ticket! no solicitors letters, jst 3 letters fom ukcps and then a £175 court paper! i would have fought it but with a newborn baby and a full time job i jst couldn't do it!! so its now been paid!! ukcps 1-0 Dexterboyz

well........ bad news! woke up yesterday to the postman delivering a hefty letter addresed to THE DEFENDANT!! official stamped papers from northampton court with regards to my ukcps parking ticket! no solicitors letters, jst 3 letters fom ukcps and then a £175 court paper! i would have fought it but with a newborn baby and a full time job i jst couldn't do it!! so its now been paid!! ukcps 1-0 Dexterboyz

My Bold..............don't think so. It would be addressed to you in person (I know these things):suspect:

it was named and addressed to me but above my name it said the defendant, it had a Northampton court stamp on the letters inside, what did seem a little strange is that it was delivered by the normal post..... i.e not even recorded delivery?

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 09:42 ----------

i didn't park in a bay at centertainmant.

My son had a similar incident, kept ignoring the letters, even the letter from Northhampton court, the result being bailiffs calling on my daughter at 6am one morning (she didn't answer the door) whilst we were on holiday and leaving a letter stating they would return, they did luckily we were back, but my son was at work, this did result in him paying in the region of £400 inc costs for a fine that could have been settled for around £30.

My son had a similar incident, kept ignoring the letters, even the letter from Northhampton court, the result being bailiffs calling on my daughter at 6am one morning (she didn't answer the door) whilst we were on holiday and leaving a letter stating they would return, they did luckily we were back, but my son was at work, this did result in him paying in the region of £400 inc costs for a fine that could have been settled for around £30.

Never ignore court papers.....you're advised not to do this on here and everywhere else that deals with PCNs.

If you read on here it tells you how to defend the court papers successfully with minimum of effort.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 09:50 ----------

it was named and addressed to me but above my name it said the defendant, it had a Northampton court stamp on the letters inside, what did seem a little strange is that it was delivered by the normal post..... i.e not even recorded delivery?

If you couldn't be bothered to spend a few minutes finding out how to defend the action successfully then you need to be prepared to pay the unenforceable invoice.....which you did (allegedly)

Defend yourself properly using the very good advice on this thread and you would have never got to this stage. As already stated, ignoring is no longer the default response to these cowboys....

The Court don't send claim forms by recorded post and neither do we when we serve them. First class is fine (and cheaper, if you're sending hundreds out.)

Edited by Moosey

The Court don't send claim forms by recorded post and neither do we when we serve them. First class is fine (and cheaper, if you're sending hundreds out.)

I am sure all those who have been giving out the wrong advice will club together and pay this for you.

Last time. Ignore is no longer an option.

I am sure all those who have been giving out the wrong advice will club together and pay this for you.

Last time. Ignore is no longer an option.

Ive had my latest threatening letter form those cowboys at Parking Eye trying to intimidate me into paying one of their scam invoices for the Bradfield road car park the other week. This time ive changed tactics with the Scammers , ive posted it back saying "not at this address" just to waste some of their time and to make them go back to the DVLA to check the keeper details again.