Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Excellent. I may get myself another invoice and play with them some more :)

That is a disgraceful thing to do ;)

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 16:06 ----------

Today I received a 'Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track' from Norhampton CCBC, with it is a Directions Questionaire.

Ive looked online and there so much conflicting advice. Im so far out of my depth its untrue.

Try this and post your queries on the forum.

But acknowledge receipt and ask for more time. There is a space for that.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4754020

Folks

I have had a 'ticket' from parking eye for overstaying in the Parc Llandudno car park!!! (Yes I don't know where it is either other than somewhere in Wales!).

It appears that the DVLA computer has not been updated that I sold the car 3 weeks before...

However they are now asking for proof that I've sold the car, so I have told them that they have the DVLA link for registered keeper details so to stop bothering me...

I shall see what they say, but they have graciously agreed to put the parking charge notice on hold for 14 days whilst they sort it out...

Sam

The most popular place to get a ticket in Whitby is the Co-op Car Park. Was it there?

If so take a look at Money Saving Expert and Pepipoo.

Also a look back through here.

If you spent money then the CEO of the Co-op will probably help get i cancelled.

Yes they can take you to court but no they can't send bailiffs in, unless you lose the court case and don't pay after 28 days.

Yes, it was. We did buy from coop but never thought to save the receipt for the equivalent of bread and milk etc. AAnd we also bought a bloody ticket But the machine was playing up and there was a long queue, so everyone was having problems. Even so we did buy one. Now they are taking us to court but my husband has read ont Internet that because I wasn't personally driving and the ticket has been addressed to me (wife) then we are exempt from paying. Have other people got any advice. We are going to see this through and then let others know whether the "advice" on here is correct. Watch this space ....:mad:

---------- Post added 28-11-2013 at 09:29 ----------

Yes, it was. We did buy from coop but never thought to save the receipt for the equivalent of bread and milk etc. AAnd we also bought a bloody ticket But the machine was playing up and there was a long queue, so everyone was having problems. Even so we did buy one. Now they are taking us to court but my husband has read ont Internet that because I wasn't personally driving and the ticket has been addressed to me (wife) then we are exempt from paying. Have other people got any advice. We are going to see this through and then let others know whether the "advice" on here is correct. Watch this space ....:mad:
. Also I'd stand next to the machine and in the coop warning people of dire consequences of a day trip to buggering Whitby Edited by Dazz1
Ps I rand the coop manager and he was sympathetic but that was all. No more help than that. Think they've heard it all b4

Folks

I have had a 'ticket' from parking eye for overstaying in the Parc Llandudno car park!!! (Yes I don't know where it is either other than somewhere in Wales!).

It appears that the DVLA computer has not been updated that I sold the car 3 weeks before...

However they are now asking for proof that I've sold the car, so I have told them that they have the DVLA link for registered keeper details so to stop bothering me...

I shall see what they say, but they have graciously agreed to put the parking charge notice on hold for 14 days whilst they sort it out...

Sam

Refer them to the case of Arkell v. Pressdram. As long as you can prove you sold the car on the date don't bother telling them anything.

---------- Post added 28-11-2013 at 10:35 ----------

Dazz1 - Whoever told you that because the driver and the registered keeper are different was talking round spherical objects. The law changed in October 2012.

For some proper advice read: and start with the "stickies" at the top of the page.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Edited by Walkley Dave

Cheers walkley Dave, I will have a look at that. I can prove the car wasn't mine on the day in question so I shall leave it at that!!!

They may issue threats and do all sorts of things including issuing a court order. At that point it is prudent to tell them you sold the car.

But remember - as you seem to have twigged - anything that the DVLA gets wrong is not your problem.

I went Christmas shopping at parkway retail park and after a loverly shopping trip at matalan, brantanno, home bargains and Iceland .... I was slapped with a £60 of £100 if over 14 days.

Totally unbelievable because I had gone 32 mins over the 2 HOURS STAY

I was Christmas shopping !!!!! Had a leisurely browse round.

I will not pay up no matter what

I went Christmas shopping at parkway retail park and after a loverly shopping trip at matalan, brantanno, home bargains and Iceland .... I was slapped with a £60 of £100 if over 14 days.

Totally unbelievable because I had gone 32 mins over the 2 HOURS STAY

I was Christmas shopping !!!!! Had a leisurely browse round.

I will not pay up no matter what

Two approaches.

1. Contact the stores - get very angry - and get them to cancel it. It may need you to get in touch with the landowner - but the main thing is GET (POLITELY) ANGRY.

2. Go to Money Saving Expert

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Go to the latest posts first and read a lot before asking any questions.

Ignore any advice that says "Ignore" (!!). That is old advice. You have to act, but you can cost them money.

Do 1 and 2 together.

See my post 732 on this thread.