Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Definitely contact the store. They won't be able to do anything. The time limit is to deter commuter parking, but if two hours is not enough then the stores need to know, and won't change it if people don't ask.

Of course they can do something. They can cancel the tickets.

Here are a few examples just to show it is possible.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Think of somewhere in Sheffield where people might park for commuting. Morrison's Hillsborough? Next to a tram stop and a small bus exchange? No parking scammers. Tesco at Upperthorpe? No parking scammers.

I use Morrison's a lot and the only time of the year it is not possible to park is Xmas at the very busiest times. Same as everywhere else really.

Ever been abroad, France for instance? Ever seen a parking scammer there?

Back in the summer I was in the carpark at the back of Farm Food at Hillsborough, a few weeks later I got a letter saying I had over stayed etc. This was from Parking eye. After getting so much info from here, citizens advice, martins money and allsorts of web pages of course the advice was to ignore it

I checked my credit file last week and I now have a CCJ on my file from this. Apparently theres nothing I can do according to the court who have issued it (Northampton County Court) even if I now pay the £150 that's now due.

I feel like Ive been robbed in broad daylight and to put it lightly Im fuming. I ignored every letter, never responded and I certainly did not sign any court papers, which idiotically I thought I would have done if they were genuinely issued by court

I don't know if I am just a one off unlucky individual but my advice would be to not just presume they will go away.

I just wish now I had paid it as its not worth having this against me for the next 6 years!

Other than that does anybody have any advice or have had the same happen?

I got what I thought was solicitors letters just threatening action and saying the fine had increased etc.

I think Ive got it in my head that much that they cant enforce anything I have just presumed it was talk and nothing else and I have obviously been stupid to it thinking that the letters cant be genuine as Ive been advised I would have signed if it was genuinely from court! For all they know I could no longer be at the address or for any reason not getting the letter.

But I feel Ive never got to fight my case and now I cant do anything.

I got what I thought was solicitors letters just threatening action and saying the fine had increased etc.

I think Ive got it in my head that much that they cant enforce anything I have just presumed it was talk and nothing else and I have obviously been stupid to it thinking that the letters cant be genuine as Ive been advised I would have signed if it was genuinely from court! For all they know I could no longer be at the address or for any reason not getting the letter.

no one ever advised to ignore court papers even back when they werent even genuinely sending them out, only yourself to blame there unfortunately.

plenty of people at the time took the then correct advice to ignore everything other than court papers, since then its a different situation as has been described, and you still probbaly wouldnt have had to pay!

who advised you would have signed if from the court?

if on the web please show me where it shows that

Its not a fine......its a Speculative invoice .

Its not a fine......its a Speculative invoice .

If that is some sort of joke I would say it is in poor taste. We are talking court order and CCJ here.

I have taken the time to post on here on a number of occasions since the change in the law in 2012 not to ignore and also to post advice on what to do should you receive a parking notice from a private parking company.

Any suggestions on what else I can do?

Why not join in the campaign against private parking companies? Or are you one of them?

B&M say that if you have a receipt for the day and time you were ticketed by G4 they will be able to stop the action by G4.....however, if, like me you have thrown the receipt away (and most do after a few days) .........and get this.........G4 will not stop the action

I asked the question to the store manager, "who actually owns B&M", is it B&M or G4? His reply was G4 run the car park for us but dictate the policy!!

Apparently dozens of people have complained to the store about the shortness of parking time allowed (90 minutes) and they (B&M) have now increased it to 120 minutes. However, there are dozens of people who visited the store in it's first few weeks of opening, thinking the car parking facilities were just the same as before, only to fall foul of this punitive charge for shopping there.

I, and many others I assume, will be contesting the "Contractual Parking Charge Notice" as I now assume it is no longer prudent just to ignore!