Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

So many conflicting comments on here it's difficult to know what to do.

I've received a Parking Charge Notice today from Vehicle Control Services for allegedly breaching the car park terms at Berkeley Precinct.

On the day in question I actually used the car park as way of performing a u-turn on Ecclesall Road twice. 1st at 10.14am when my car would have left the car park less than 60 seconds after arriving and then at 3.44pm when again my car would have left within 60 seconds.

Should I reply and explain the situation or by replying am I simply admitting that I visited the car park twice in 1 day which I understand now may be against their terms and conditions?

I've received a Parking Charge Notice today from Vehicle Control Services for allegedly breaching the car park terms at Berkeley Precinct.?

Personally, if I get a parking notice from a private parking firm I ignore it. I've probably had a dozen from Excel and Britannia Parking. At the most it led to a few phone calls from some pseudo-solicitor asking for money, but more usually just a few letters increasing in threat. I blanked them at every turn and they eventually went away. The people I work with have had hundreds between them over the years, and do exactly the same as me.

Obviously it's up to you what you do, but on a sheer point of principle I wouldn't pay a fine* when I've just driven through the place - it's utter nonsense. Nor would I trust them to be reasonable when you explain your situation.

However, it's not pleasant having them chase you, and I wouldn't be so presumptuous to advise you to do what I did.

Good luck.

*they're not fines, they're invoices. Only the plod and local authorities can fine you.

Thanks for your reply JD.

Everyone who I've spoken to say's ignore it but it's easier said than done.

They must have video/pictures of me leaving/entering at the other times so the fact they have chosen to ignore them and try this on is disgusting.

Just ignore it.

Check out my website http://www.popla.me.uk. tells you all you need to know!.

Who issued it? G24?

There is a very good parking forum on mse !!.

Dan who issued those invoices at waitrose btw?

Your website? I sent a request thorough your website and you rejected it. I wasn't the driver of the car when this offence took place. The person who did appealed it and went back to his country. And when I got a letter in post I contact you lot and exell.

---------- Post added 20-12-2013 at 07:37 ----------

Not until you get your letter from the court and even then its not much to worry about.

No this is total rubbish, please do not give out bad advice

---------- Post added 20-12-2013 at 07:38 ----------

Thanks for your reply JD.

Everyone who I've spoken to say's ignore it but it's easier said than done.

They must have video/pictures of me leaving/entering at the other times so the fact they have chosen to ignore them and try this on is disgusting.

Right you must not ignore these now, the advice has now changed, you must do a basic appeal to vcs/excel, they will reject, but then you can use something called Popla and beat them at this, this costs THEM money

Look here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

---------- Post added 20-12-2013 at 07:39 ----------

Had a letter from parking eye saying ther taking me to court should I worry?

Right that will be an LBA, you must challange this as they will issue a court claim against you, please ignore the other reply where they say its nothing to worry about, but parking eye can have been beaten a lot now.

If you ignore it you could risk getting a CCJ,etc ,so do the following

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

Go on to that link, register and look at that letter before county claim link,

Do not delay, do not ignore

---------- Post added 20-12-2013 at 07:41 ----------

Your website? I sent a request thorough your website and you rejected it. I wasn't the driver of the car when this offence took place. The person who did appealed it and went back to his country. And when I got a letter in post I contact you lot and exell.

No if you look there is one that is me.uk and org.uk one is an old advice site and one is the actualy site.

I bet you didnt use legal argument now did you, mitigation never works at popla

Edited by kirkbylad

I've received a Parking Charge Notice today from Vehicle Control Services for allegedly breaching the car park terms at Berkeley Precinct.

On the day in question I actually used the car park as way of performing a u-turn on Ecclesall Road twice. 1st at 10.14am when my car would have left the car park less than 60 seconds after arriving and then at 3.44pm when again my car would have left within 60 seconds.

Should I reply and explain the situation or by replying am I simply admitting that I visited the car park twice in 1 day which I understand now may be against their terms and conditions?

FFS sake, how many times does this need to be repeated..... soft appeal to VSC (being a letter to them telling them their invoice is punative and isn't enforceable), which they will reject, then appeal thru POPLA stating their charge isn't a genuine pre-estimate of the loss incurred, which will be accepted. This costs them money. Simples.

FFS sake, how many times does this need to be repeated..... soft appeal to VSC (being a letter to them telling them their invoice is punative and isn't enforceable), which they will reject, then appeal thru POPLA stating their charge isn't a genuine pre-estimate of the loss incurred, which will be accepted. This costs them money. Simples.

In this particular case, though, the individual is obviously being wrongly pursued. I had the same issue with Meadowhall Retail Park. I visited twice in one day, both times for a minimal amount of time. But the parking charge notice showed photos of me arriving the first time and leaving the second time. I asked under Data Protection legislation for copies of all photographs of my car leaving and entering their car park that day.

Appeal as suggested, but also include the fact that you entered and left the car park twice. Perhaps complain to the Data Protection authorities.

Absolutely correct. NB It Costs Them Money. What is there not to like?

---------- Post added 21-12-2013 at 10:37 ----------

The question I ask is how many park at these car parks every day and don't end up with a PCN?

Is there any connection between those that do and those who don't see or read the signs?

:)

Once again and for the umpteenth time, you ignore the reality.

It isn't about parking, it is about making money by issuing speculative invoices disguised as parking "fines".

But don't ignore them, fight back as suggested.