Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Hi

I know there's loads of threads about this bit couldn't find an answer I was looking for . Basically got a parking charge notice at the beginning of January last year at centretainment . Ignored the first 3 letters like everyone said and heard nothing for ages

Start of December I started getting letters about it from a different company now called rossendales collect. Had 4 letters now the last one threatened me with a bailiff visit and the one today is a notice of visit letter saying a debt collector may visit your home in the next few days to obtain payment.

What i want to know is has anyone else had these same letters and do I still ignore them or is there a chance someone will turn up??!

Thanks for any help from anyone

Hi there

I'm currently getting the exact same letters from Rossendales and had the debt collector letter last night. I already know it's just for show so I'm not overly concerned. If you look at the wording, it's all 'we might' do this and 'we might' do that. As the others have said, they can turn up but have no rights really.

As for responding to Rossendales, I have replied TWICE and told them to refer back to their Client (VCS) but they have just ignored my letters and emails so it's not even worth putting pen to paper really.

Any advice on this guys?

I parked my car half in a space and half in a loading bay in sheff city centre last night at 7.30, bought a ticket to see me up until 8.30 when is which I thought the attendants clock off?

But on returning from a family meal at 10.30 found a ticket that had been issued at 10.10

Is there any need for this type of policing. I occupied 1 meter of a 5 meter loading bay, out of regular working hours. Now I know I chanced my arm doing this and will most likely have to pay the £35 fine.

But issuing parking tickets at that time?

Cash cow? Or what?

Who issued the ticket? If it's the council the chances are you will have to pay.

If the space was unclearly marked or the parking signs were missing or unclear then you could maybe try to appeal but it sounds like you took a gamble and lost with this one!

Any advice on this guys?

I parked my car half in a space and half in a loading bay in sheff city centre last night at 7.30, bought a ticket to see me up until 8.30 when is which I thought the attendants clock off?

But on returning from a family meal at 10.30 found a ticket that had been issued at 10.10

Is there any need for this type of policing. I occupied 1 meter of a 5 meter loading bay, out of regular working hours. Now I know I chanced my arm doing this and will most likely have to pay the £35 fine.

Cash cow? Or what?

Oh yes. And like the one I got, I'd like to bet those wonderful 'Parking Services' people were parked illegally whilst they issued you the ticket.

I don't think I've been back to the city centre for a night out since I got my ticket. I didn't like the obligatory £35 surcharge. It left too much of a sour taste. Due to complicated and poor signage of a parking space that changes function depending on the time of day or night (!!!) I got caught out. I'm not prepared to take such risks again. That amount will buy me a couple of bottles of decent wine in a restaurant, or a ticket to a show at the arena.

Any advice on this guys?

Cash cow? Or what?

The councils obsession with fleecing motorists for every penny they can means they NEVER clock off . The councils meter maids/ revenue collectors are around every corner waiting to pounce. Their masters see us motorists as an easy target to hammer at every opportunity . Their attitude towards motorists disgusts me .

The councils obsession with fleecing motorists for every penny they can means they NEVER clock off . The councils meter maids/ revenue collectors are around every corner waiting to pounce. Their masters see us motorists as an easy target to hammer at every opportunity . Their attitude towards motorists disgusts me .

The council can issue parking fines in line with the law. If you don't like it tough.

I have received a PCN (i think it's notice to owner but doesn't say NTO anywhere) although it says i can make representations within 28days as per NTO procedure.

The date of offence was 13/11/13 and issued PCN on 7/1/14 it's in the form of pictures from an 'approved device'.

Basically they have done me for pulling over on burngreave road to drop a friend outside of his home. They say i'm 'parked

in a street with restrictions'. It was 6.08pm and the restriction ends 6.30pm it was a single yellow line.

Just wondered if people think i have any chance of appeal on:

a) simply stating the fact that i literally pulled over to drop off a friend at his home (you can see on the pics as he was getting out of the passenger door)

b) do i have any grounds on a rule that i have read somewhere that PCN's have to be issued within 28days of the offence? i think there is a discretion for pcn's by post but can i request proof that they had to contact DVLA within certain time period (my car is leased which i think gives them an excuse to go over 28days)

I'm searching the net specifically for point b but not having much luck

Cheers

Just tell them the car wasn't stationary, therefore you hadn't parked - as your mate enjoys the thrill of jumping out of moving cars!!

The council can issue parking fines in line with the law. If you don't like it tough.

What people hate is the fact motorists are seen as cash cows by greedy councils, there to be squeezed for every penny possible. Parking wardens are nothing more than underhand , sneaky jobsworths .

---------- Post added 18-01-2014 at 18:25 ----------

Vote against these parasites by boycotting the town centre. It's quite simple really. It's not like there aren't better options.

Hit the nail on the head. Refuse to use the city centre for anything , starve the business`s of money , they will them close there stores in the city centre and the council will lose a lot of money in rates.