Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Hi,

I wonder if i can get some advice please...

I took my son to hillsboro so he could go to the match. we decided that rather than driving back to the other side of sheff where we live, we went shopping around hillsboro shopping centre. We returned to our car and waited for the match to finish and to wait for our son to meet us back at the car. We had parked in the car park behind farmfoods. We have parked there before and not been charged. Naively we thought it was free parking. Later we received a fine. We ignored it but months later the postman brought us a letter which we had to sign for. It was another fine from parking eye. We haven't contacted this company at all but we have now received a court letter concerning this fine. On the envelope it states Northampton on the back.

Any suggestions as to what to do please????

Hi,

I took my son to hillsboro so he could go to the match. we decided that rather than driving back to the other side of sheff where we live, we went shopping around hillsboro shopping centre. We returned to our car and waited for the match to finish and to wait for our son to meet us back at the car. We had parked in the car park behind farmfoods. We have parked there before and not been charged. Naively we thought it was free parking. Later we received a fine. We ignored it but months later the postman brought us a letter which we had to sign for. It was another fine from parking eye. We haven't contacted this company at all but we have now received a court letter concerning this fine. On the envelope it states Northampton on the back.

You have received a court claim I take it from parking eye?

If so download and purchase this, it tells you all you need to know, its a few quid and well worth it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parking-Prankster-Guide-Fighting-ParkingEye-ebook/dp/B00HSITXYG

Anyone here been sent to court or seen bailiffs yet for parking in Meadowhall car park? I have a collection of 13 tickets all from Meadowhall. I have a Blue Badge I just choose not to use it there lol. Infact I received one this morning

Only 13 .............. ive got more than that from Staples car park alone , not to mention the ones I keep getting from the Bradfield Road car park in Hillsbro.

---------- Post added 26-01-2014 at 19:50 ----------

Hi,

First thing is its NOT a fine , its a speculative invoice . Ive had many of these from Parking eye for overstaying in Farmfoods car park . Ive never paid any of them ,and never once been taken to court .

Only 13 .............. ive got more than that from Staples car park alone , not to mention the ones I keep getting from the Bradfield Road car park in Hillsbro.

---------- Post added 26-01-2014 at 19:50 ----------

First thing is its NOT a fine , its a speculative invoice . Ive had many of these from Parking eye for overstaying in Farmfoods car park . Ive never paid any of them ,and never once been taken to court .

The letter says claim form on the top with northampton county court on it.

Chopper paul have u not seen my post?dont ignore the form, acknowledge and ask for extra time,,u can do it online

I suggest u follow that advice and get that guide, penistones advice is a little bit out of date,

That guide on amazon (about 3.50) tells u all u need to know

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parking-Prankster-Guide-Fighting-ParkingEye-ebook/dp/B00HSITXYG

Edited by kirkbylad

I had a PCN last spring from Parking Eye for overstaying in a free car park and foolishly followed the outdated advice to ignore all correspondence and they'll go away.

I've now got a small claims court date in a couple of weeks, where it's probably going to be a case of what sort of mood the judge is in as to whether he sides with me or tells me that I've got to hand over approx £200. I'm heavily relying on the "not a genuine pre-estimate of loss" angle, which has always worked at POPLA - I wish to God I'd gone down that route in the first place for an easy win, which would have saved a hell of a lot of hassle and stress.

John When is your case due to be heard?, i can get some documents over to you which will help you.

I bet they dont have a signed contract in place! U must point the judge to section 22 (this is about agency), if they produce a redacted contract tell the judge you wish to see the unredcated one. Most of their contracts dont give them the right to issue legall proceedings in their own name. A sample one is available on the parking pranksters website.

If you need any help in court send me a Pm and ill happily help you as lay rep @ the hearing

Edited by kirkbylad

Hi,

Don't ignore a court letter like this. My son had 2 and he was unaware they had been sent to him as his post-box has been stolen. He now has 2 CCJ against him after a previous excellent credit history. He contacted the company and explained that he had not received correspondence and why. They said they would put the outstanding debt as satisfied, which they have, but he still has 2 previous CCJs now on his credit record.

I got a ticket a few month ago from centertainment, apparently I was observed walking out of centertainment. Yes I agree I did... To meet a friend from work at the arena, we then walked across back to centertainment and used the Frankie and Benny's and then the bowling alley. I've since refused to pay this ticket and not acknowledged the ticket or responded. They are now saying the fine is £125 and are taking me to court next... What should I do? It's not from the council it's from the parking company who monitor centertainment.

Interesting little article taken from the Consumer Action Groups website looks like the PPCs are getting worried.

Quote[it seems private parking firm UKCPS are worried that too many motorists are appealing to the independent adjudicator POPLA.

So the bright sparks at UKCPS have come up with the simple wheeze of issuing them with an invalid POPLA code when they reject a motorist's appeal,

Without a valid code, POPLA will refuse to consider the motorist's appeal, which saves UKCPS £27 +VAT each time.

If you have an invalid POPLA number, contact Richard Reeve, POPLA Tribunal Manager, on 0207 520 7202 and ask him to log the fact that you have attempted to appeal but have not been given a valid POPLA code.

The BPA have now requested that UKCPS cancel all tickets where an invalid POPLA code was issued.]