Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

So there you go, proof that private parking firms don't care if you've broken the rules or not, they just see you as easy money.

Oh absolutely, the whole system's a mess - and the private parking firms are little more than cowboys. As soon as the government get round to setting up a system which actually works, it won't be soon enough; instead of caving in to the demands of the motoring lobby, they need to get a system in place which respects both landowners rights over their own land, and the legitimate parking needs of drivers.

Oh absolutely, the whole system's a mess - and the private parking firms are little more than cowboys. As soon as the government get round to setting up a system which actually works, it won't be soon enough; instead of caving in to the demands of the motoring lobby, they need to get a system in place which respects both landowners rights over their own land, and the legitimate parking needs of drivers.

Well said.

If the parking cowboys wanted compensating the actual loss (or cost of parking not paid) then that's ok, but when they start demanding £70+ then I start to have a problem with them. I have helped a few family and friends defend these scammer invoices and will continue to do so until a 'fair' and legal system is introduced...

Did the permit have an expiry date on it?

Yes it did and I can't deny that I failed to check it.

However, the date on the permit only relates to the 3 year term that VCS have the contract for patrolling the car park...so every 3 years VCS apply to renew their 'control' of the car park and each tenant is issued with a 3 year security permit for that term. The date on the permit has no relation at all to the dates of my rental agreement with the letting agent.

It all boils down to people knowing their rights but not giving a monkies about their responsibilities …… they would be up in arms if someone parked on their drive so why do they assume they can park on other peoples land.

Do you know why people don't park on my land? Not because I threaten them with any fines; have close circuit TV; or any other reason.

They don't park on my land because I have a gate. Simples.

A bit like the ones they have at Cole Bros; SYPTE Park and Ride; Q Park; Cheese Grater; Rotherham General Hospital etc etc etc.

But of course that doesn't give them chance to dish out "fines".

Wonder if anyone can offer any advice on this.

I recently went to Centertainment to go to have a bite to eat & go the pictures, the car parks were full to the brim, loads of people driving round and the normal evening fiasco of cars been parked half on the kerbs, left in imaginary spots etc.

After not finding a spot after 15 minutes decided to follow suit of some other drivers and parked in the retail park next door. After having a bite to eat, going to the pictures etc we returned to our car and had had a pretty good evening.

I now have had a parking fine delivered on my doorstep as I was in the car park for 3 hours and 18 minutes, 18 minutes more than the allocated time allowed for using the Retail Park facilities?

Can anyone give me any advice where I stand on this? It seems ridiculous and is a little off putting, going down to centertainment for anything over a couple of hours, which kind of rules out some of the bigger films?

Is the retail park carpark owned by a private company and is nothing to do with centertainment?

Has anyone else ever had one of these fines?