Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

There are many threads on here on the subject - parking 'fines' from private companies.

The general consensus is ignore it. Don't reply or anything. You'll get reminders for a few months and threats of court action etc but they NEVER go as far as court, once they realise you're not paying they'll stop writing.

That general advice has now changed since the law was changed about 9 months ago.

Ignoring it will probably result in a summary judgement against you from court. Appeal via the Popla route, google to find out the grounds for appeal, most appeals are being upheld and it costs the company money everytime this happens.

---------- Post added 06-02-2014 at 11:14 ----------

Bin it, its an invoice and nothing more.

This is bad advice and will likely result in a CCJ against you.

That general advice has now changed since the law was changed about 9 months ago.

Ignoring it will probably result in a summary judgement against you from court. Appeal via the Popla route, google to find out the grounds for appeal, most appeals are being upheld and it costs the company money everytime this happens.

So is there any good advice? Is it a case of just don't park in Centertainment and pay the fine and learn from your lesson?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Funny post mate :hihi:

Wonder if anyone can offer any advice on this.

I recently went to Centertainment to go to have a bite to eat & go the pictures, the car parks were full to the brim, loads of people driving round and the normal evening fiasco of cars been parked half on the kerbs, left in imaginary spots etc.

After not finding a spot after 15 minutes decided to follow suit of some other drivers and parked in the retail park next door. After having a bite to eat, going to the pictures etc we returned to our car and had had a pretty good evening.

I now have had a parking fine delivered on my doorstep as I was in the car park for 3 hours and 18 minutes, 18 minutes more than the allocated time allowed for using the Retail Park facilities?

Can anyone give me any advice where I stand on this? It seems ridiculous and is a little off putting, going down to centertainment for anything over a couple of hours, which kind of rules out some of the bigger films?

Is the retail park carpark owned by a private company and is nothing to do with centertainment?

Has anyone else ever had one of these fines?

Advice is the same for ALL private parking tickets.

Goto pepipoo.com, private parking forum and read up so you know what it all means.

Appeal initially to the parking company requesting they cancel the ticket or issue a PoPLA code.

Appeal to PoPLA on the grounds that

a) the parking company does not have the authority to pursue the matter, if they think they do they should provide a copy of the contract

b) the charge requested does not represent a genuine pr-estimate of loss

sit back and wait for PoPLA to send you a .pdf by email saying that your appeal has been allowed.

But he's right. :roll:

Ok then. If you say so. Tell me why ive not been to court ever despite amassing invoices like some people collect stamps? I used to work at meadowhall retail park and in the 3 years i worked there i got well over 100 invoices. Never paid one and never even had a sniff of court.

You go peddle your scare stories somewhere else mate ;)

Just recieved a call saying they from some parking company saying I owe them £900+ in parking tickets at meadowhall. Ive informed them im disabled and they said if I dont pay they will take me to court. They calling me back at 4. What do I need to say?

That depends, is it actually the parking company or a debt collector acting on their behalf?

If it's the parking company themselves, tell them that you reject their claims and request a PoPLA appeal code as this is the first you have been made aware of their claims.

If it's a debt collector acting on behalf of the parking company, tell them that you do not recognise the debt alleged and that they must hand the claim back to the parking company.

Then see my post above about appealing it all.

Ok then. If you say so. Tell me why ive not been to court ever despite amassing invoices like some people collect stamps? I used to work at meadowhall retail park and in the 3 years i worked there i got well over 100 invoices. Never paid one and never even had a sniff of court.

You go peddle your scare stories somewhere else mate ;)

He is correct though, things have changed, you are giving incorrect advice.