Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

That depends, is it actually the parking company or a debt collector acting on their behalf?

If it's the parking company themselves, tell them that you reject their claims and request a PoPLA appeal code as this is the first you have been made aware of their claims.

If it's a debt collector acting on behalf of the parking company, tell them that you do not recognise the debt alleged and that they must hand the claim back to the parking company.

Then see my post above about appealing it all.

Its a company called Parking Control Management. I just googled the number

---------- Post added 06-02-2014 at 14:55 ----------

What is the chances of them taking me to court for the £900+? I admit I've not used always used my blue badge but I do have a need for the disabled bays. I've just sent off for a new blue badge. I also admit I may have been cocky about not putting my badge up on purpose to get a ticket. It's now backfired on me and I'm worried. Do I need to contact a solicitor?

Tell them you dispute the charges as you have not been provided with any evidence of the allegations, with this appeal send them a photocopy/scan of your blue badge. Say that you were exempt form the charges due to the badge and if they disagree they are to send you a PoPLA appeal code along with their evidence and allegations/charge notices.

(Remember, it is upto them to prove you DIDN'T display your blue badge, not upto you to prove that you did)

Remind them that they would be looked upon disfavourably at court if they do not seek to resolve the matter using alternative dispute resolution as a first course where this is an option. As PoPLA is an option, it is their industry's agreed ADR scheme, they should use it.

In the meantime, get on Pepipoo.com and get reading. Worst case scenario you can't get a PoPLA code and have to have your day in court. This is where getting prepared (again, get better help on pepipoo) results in you winning your court case.

Edited by NightFlight

Received a call from the Duty Manager at Meadowhall. He said after checking CCTV he can see that every time I've been in my wheelchair so he can clearly see I have a right to park in a disabled bay. He said he's emailed PCM to tell them to drop all tickets and to not call me again. He's also told them my reg and told them to never ticket me again.

This just happens to have happened right after I threatened a counter claim for breach of the Equalities Act and explained I were getting advice from someone who had the same issues and won a court case

Hey Trusbster, you a a chezzie guy/gal are you?, used to live in lovely Eckington myself!

Up in sheffield tommorrow helping someone against parking eye in Sheffield County Court, oh what fun!

Wasn't before. used to be in sheff but moved to chezzie to get away from [chinese accent]City Life[/chinese accent]

---------- Post added 11-02-2014 at 15:28 ----------

When u in CC? might pop down since it is open :D

Is staples car park still patrolled :D :D :D Good old excel. Tried to get me to pay £100 for running into chino's on london road. That was in the good old clamping days too, lucky I didn't get one.

Edited by Trubster