Private Parking Charge Notices [PCN] - Megathread - ALL questions in here

Pegasus

Blueangel a complaint to Meadowhall is in order, bluedragon did the same.

So did trubster on her and he threatened to sue them under the equality and he got something out of them.

Have you had a letter in the post from PCM yet? if not i would put an appeal in,read http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822 tell them you require a popla code if they decline your appeal,

But definitely get a complaint in to the meadowhell management team

HELP! Ive just got a parking ticket for not parking in a box at centertainment. I was parked out of the way of everyone else, not blocking anything but not in a 'Marked Bay'.

There was no other spaces, after trying to find one for over a hour I had to give up as my film (Booked) was about to start!!

Has anyone had the same thing, that can advise if its worth challanging it?

My first visit up there, shal not be going back, such a shame as there is loads of things for the family to do!!!

Many thanks,

Matt

I got one also yesterday for the same. The place is a joke.....there clearly is not enough spaces for the amount of customers who wish to use the complex. I was queuing around the complex for ages also, along with dozens of other cars. Try googling it, there are many threads on the internet about people who have challenging it and people who have just ignored it.....apparently as it's not council they can't enforce it?! But is it worth the risk? Any help would also be appreciated

I got one also yesterday for the same. The place is a joke.....there clearly is not enough spaces for the amount of customers who wish to use the complex. I was queuing around the complex for ages also, along with dozens of other cars. Try googling it, there are many threads on the internet about people who have challenging it and people who have just ignored it.....apparently as it's not council they can't enforce it?! But is it worth the risk? Any help would also be appreciated

Thats what I was thinking as it says if you dont pay they contact the DVLA for your details? What do you think ull do with yours? Im sure there must be someone on here that has had the same & tryed not paying it?????

Ignoring is old advice.

Do not ignore, follow guidelines on ticket to appeal to parking company.

When they reject it ask for POPLA appeal case number and appeal there.

Read up on it, you will win. I did! And it costs them £30 to go to POPLA, free for you.

See post 842 on page 43....

Edited by jamesogt