Grappling/Brazilian jujisu places in sheffield

bazzad

Andy Roberts is a BJJ Blackbelt and has been for some time.

Either this is an old link or its another Andy Roberts I guess.

Going to say it one more time try all clubs,

EKBJJ

GB Sheffield

dont know much about CBBA (never been) although I have met Rob.

There is a club up in Hils as well that is ment to be good.

Sheffield Shoot Fighters is also ment to be good (not been)

Bloke called Tim in Chesterfield who is great, trains at back to basics gym and Halfway.

See what you think, each gym will have its own style and etos. Pick which one you like

Wise words from the Rage ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I do find it amusing how some are pretty fixed on credentials when choosing a gym.

Anyway trying to stick to the thread, on the premis of the "best" place in Sheffield or Rotherham ( I don't know anything about the Rotherham scene ) Gracie Barra (in Westfield waterthorpe area I think) has a good reputation for bjj.

Personally I think Sheffield is lucky to have a variety of good instructors, I think location is always a factor for those interested in attending. I would like to drive more than20 mins to get to my gym. I would say facilities can vary across different gyms though.

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 16:03 ----------

Wouldn't #

There is a Freestyle wrestling gym near Don Valley (they have a facebook page) http://www.facebook.com/#!/WrestlingandMuayThaiSheffield

The gym has an uncertain future at the moment, the gym may become a complete wrestling academy, or may even close :(.

I've been training there for about 4/5 months and its a very good gym, (I started this account to try and encourage more people to come).

Hopefully it wont close.

• 2 months later...

Lawrence Pritchard now takes a judo groundwork at the Sheffield Judo Club on Grimesthorpe road on fridays 7.30 till 9.00 which is well worth a visit , all grades and non judo players welcome . And at only £3.00 per session its also a bargain

Archived