Olympic Taekwondo (World Taekwondo Federation)

claw

Pilsung Taekwondo Club (http://www.pilsung.freeserve.co.uk) is the only taekwondo club in Sheffield that is officially recognised by the British Olympic Committee, affiliated through the British Taekwondo Control Board (WTF) and European Taekwondo Union (ETU). This means that all students have the potential to achieve national, international and Olympic status. No other club in Sheffield can offer this.

Pilsung Club is run by Master Andrew Hill (5th Dan, Kukkiwon registered). All instructors and students are fully insured through the British Taekwondo Council (BTC) and have been checked out with the Criminal Records Bureau.

Students can begin training at the age of 5, and all classes comprise a mixture of male and female students, age ranges, and beginners to elite.

Classes are structured to realise the maximum potential from each student, each trains at his/her own pace. Some students train for leisure and general fitness, others for the social aspect, and others for that lifetime opportunity to have a chance at representing their country in the official Olympic sport.

There are three aspects to each class:

- warm-up

- fitness & flexibility

- basic self-defence

- sparring

- patterns

- sport fighting

It is important to understand that WTF Taekwondo is a full-contact sport, and all students must wear full protective WTF-recognised equipment whilst practising, i.e. head gear, gum shield, body armour, arm guards, shin (& instep) guards, and groin guard.

Pilsung Club is the most successful WTF taekwondo club in Sheffield, having medalled at every UK championship, with some students gaining national and international recognition.

Full details of the Club, its instructors, locations and times, along with much more information about WTF taekwondo can be found on the website: http://www.pilsung.freeserve.co.uk

yes very much so is it not the btmu or something malcolm siddall (not kukkiwon certified), not recognised by the btcb, etu, ioc, or wtf, niether is anyone else unless you are a btcb member or affiliate group you are doing an unoffical wtf taekwondo version, you are doing sidall style tkd.

he used to put the wtf logo and the olympic rings on advertising posters he and some of his satalite clubs had a letter sent to them from the board asking them to remove them imediatly from the adverts and any future literature or they would be reported to the trading standards officer.

you can not advertise what you dont do, unfortunatly they removed them, because by law the trading standards office is duty bound to take action.

who cares about the kukkiwon anyway?

its people like you claw who make me sick

so much political bickering is caused by people like yourself.

if your happy with what you do, then why stop people from doing what they do instead of rubbishing other clubs

Get a life

Freddielee I only asked Claw if he had heard of MST Academy & he just told me what he thinks is true,I do not know about the politics side of Taekwondo,but it seem's it has been the downfall of many clubs in this country,after all it is an olympic sport so it should be treat with respect from all clubs instead of continues bickering.After all Claw M Siddall is my older brother,but don't worry I have not spoken to him in 16 years.Good Luck with your club.By the Freddylee do you know Malcolm.

would you not think that these people out side the recognised governing body are misrepresenting and misleading the public, the kids look in ore at the olympics and think that one day because their instructor told them they will get there, but unfortunatley they will not, seems you freddy could lie to your students to satisfy your own goals have you not got a Conscience.

you can not represent the UK at national, international, world or olympic level without the following:

1 btcb or affiliate licence

2 UK passport

3 kukkiwon dan grade certificate issued from korea

if club can't give you none of the above and you want to get as far as you can fiind yourself a club that can give you all three

Claw

1. MY students? I have no students im currently training to be a pilot so dont have the time to train as much let alone teach.

2. Children look in awe at the olympics??? You sure? I nearly died of embarassment when people thought that was kickboxing!!!

3. I stand on the issue of "political bickering" i have spoken to many a brainwashed student of yourself andy and they all come out with the same thing

" oh if youre not with the kukkiwon youre not a proper black belt blah blah blah"

Try telling that to members of the TAGB whose standards are superior in my opinion

I would like to say that when I asked Claw about MST I did not think it would turn into a slanging match,all I can say is Chill Freddylee & I hope you do well in your pilot training.

Archived