Ex soldier jailed for having a gun

Quite right, High Green. Best that people read the story before they offer comments on here. Nothing to do with British Law, the CPS, police or anything else people like to bang on about.

Of course it's to do with British law, what law do you think the military operate under?

This was an internal army matter. Here's a link to the Telegraph article & an informative headline :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9669051/SAS-war-hero-betrayed-by-the-Army-says-wife.html

Like I said, I read the article yesterday.

It was returned with his possessions from abroad in a case and never opened due to him having had a stroke and suffered severe memory loss.

Obviously whilst abroad and on a military base he was entitled to hold firearms.

You accept your mistake in blaming the CPS then?

You have to realise that the military runs on rigid discipline. It could not do otherwise.

It has always been and will continue to be so.

As an ex military policeman I was used to harsh sentences being issued and could not believe how lax things were in civvy street.

I recall one lance corporal whom I arrested for driving whilst being over the limit.

She was found guilty, fined £1800, reduced in the ranks for a year ( worth about £1800 ) and banned for driving for 18 months.

An section 47 assault could land you in the guardroom for a month ( the most an officer commanding could sentence)

Military prison is no easy street either. Military training by day, cleaning and inspections in the evening.

Last time I visited the place the room that was turned out the best had a radio for a couple of hours a day?

Compare that to the stupid sentences issued by our courts.

You accept your mistake in blaming the CPS then?

Perhaps if you read the entire thread the answer would be there...

Try post #6.

Coincidentally that was before your post #7 where you pointed out that I was wrong, but maybe they crossed in the ether.

Archived