Just had a new website built for me..

I set my business up just over 18months ago making silver imprint jewellery.

I made my own website from a vistaprint template which did the job ok (once I worked out how to add the PayPal option so people could actually buy online...!)

I have now had a website built for me by a company in Sheffield and as I'm so used to looking at it I was wondering if I could have some feedback on the site please?

Is the first page appealing? Anything missing? Are the other pages easy to navigate? Are you left with any unanswered questions?

To me, it's a million times better than my vistaprint site that looked like I had done it on MS Paint... But opinions from people with website / SEO / design backgrounds would be brill :-)

The website is http://www.printscharming-online.com

Many thanks in advance

It's an ecommerce site yet has no calls to action to prompt buyers to browse or buy (i.e. latest products, etc) unless of course, you declined to have them on the home page. People will not read all that home page text (and it's pretty useless unless it's got your relevant keywords and other relevant wording lightly splattered through it). For ecommerce, you either want your featured products on the page or categories highlighted (ie boxes on the page with pics and button s in them) or at least, the rotating banner images should have buttons to click through to view/buy the products you are displaying in those images. Pointless someone seeing a nice pendant and not knowing where to start looking for it. Customer leaves. Ecommerce is about making it quick and easy to view products and buy. Onsite SEO is also a necessity, and should be done correctly. However, does depend if onsite SEO was part of your project though.

The background image on the home page does not wrap round properly.

The header graphics are too low res, it makes the home page look cheap and nasty.

The domain name is awkward as well.

There is no contact address, you expect people to hand over £250+ to you with no contact address...I don't think so :)

How can I be assured that they are silver?

It is not a website I would buy from, it looks cheap and nasty and whoever is behind it, has no substance to them.

I set my business up just over 18months ago making silver imprint jewellery.

I made my own website from a vistaprint template which did the job ok (once I worked out how to add the PayPal option so people could actually buy online...!)

I have now had a website built for me by a company in Sheffield and as I'm so used to looking at it I was wondering if I could have some feedback on the site please?

Is the first page appealing? Anything missing? Are the other pages easy to navigate? Are you left with any unanswered questions?

To me, it's a million times better than my vistaprint site that looked like I had done it on MS Paint... But opinions from people with website / SEO / design backgrounds would be brill :-)

The website is http://www.printscharming-online.com

Many thanks in advance

What was the cost?

First thing people want to know is

1. Do you have the product they are after?

2. Can I find it quickly?

3. Is it exactly what I want? (big clear images)

3. Is it reasonably priced?

4. Can I get it cheaper somewhere else?

5. Can I trust this seller?

The last point brings to to your contact details. A mobile phone number, a generic email address (@live) no address. Trust has gone along with your potential customer.

To say that your work is very detailed the images fail to show that, you could do with one product per page and make the dropdowns into radio buttons as mobile browsers have problems. Other than that looks good

Unless the OP gets the items tested and hallmarked then there is no proof that they are silver. But if the silver is under a certain weight then you don't need to have it hallmarked by law.

I'd imagine getting them hallmarked would add a significant amount onto the price.

However, I think you can only get silver or copper art clay. Therefore if the items are silver in appearance they couldn't be anything else other than silver. But I could be wrong.

In regards to the website I find the menu text at the top too small.

Archived