Just had a new website built for me..

It is great that you have come back as many don't. As you are selling online you need to put a physical address on your website. If you don't want people turning up you can advise customers that they can only come by appointment, as you mentioned yourself, but the address must be visible on your website.

Having a printscharming email address is easy enough and the company who built the site for you should be able to set this up.

I don't think your site is that bad - I have certainly seen worse. However, I do think you have paid a lot of money for the site. My site is based on the same shopping cart as yours and it looks like to me that very little work has been done to modify the cart.

As I said in a previous post I like your business name.

I would have thought that for a website that cost 4 figures some onsite SEO would have been included? Have you discussed SEO with your designer?

Can I just let you know that en ecommerce website does need be available to your potential buyers (so visible before purchasing). Not least, for returns as well.

This is a legal requirement for DSR and will also improve sales as a result of the transparency. You could always use a local virtual office service. The technology parks and omnia offices do this. I'd offer you my virtual office service but we're in Doncaster.

DSR are more than just about returns, as I said you need to have your address on your site, you need to notify customers about delivery costs, provide your terms and conditions in a durable medium, etc, etc. I think the PDF I linked to is worth a read, if you haven't read it already.

Even if certain parts aren't applicable it is still good to known them.

I did read the PDF thank you.

I do have a terms and conditions page which needs to be agreed to before the order is placed. There is a tick box to confirm the customers have read them.

As I said in my previous post, my address is going on the website today

Thanks

I did read your previous post about adding your address. I mentioned the address to use an example of what is in the DSRs.

As you have read the PDF you will know that having terms and conditions on a website does not count as a durable medium.

Yes, great that you have come back with a good positive attitude. I too work from home, and some folks just expect that you will be happy to have phone calls at all hours, and visits even on Sundays. An ex directory home number fixed the first, appointments sorted the second. Good luck.

Archived