Starbucks boycott gaining momentum!

I never understood why people went to starbucks or costly coffee

Me neither.

Or maybe I have.

I think Starbuck's Coffee is the worst coffee in the high street. It is typical American style coffee - they like it weak as gnat's - and drink it by the gallon. I have been to Starbuck's on maybe 2 or 3 occasions - when others have suggested meeting there - but i don't like the place at all.

However, it has got the advantage of prime locations and they have made their stores very homely and relaxing with the comfy furniture - so I can see why some folks like it. The coffee is secondary to the decor and ambience.

If I wanted a decent cup of coffee in Sheffield I'd go to Gusto on Norfolk Row - or maybe even Marks & Spencers.

I've never given Starbucks my favour and I'd be pleased to see them - and all the other American food****e stores disappear off the face of the earth.

End of the day, you start making people or companies pay more tax than they're legally obliged to then their costs go up, their prices go up, that's less money in your pocket anyway.

But then they'll be more expensive than costa and Nero who in theory will get a bigger slice of the market, or people will just pay the extra.

I just want them to pay tax on profit. Nothing more nothing less. I don't doubt the other two I mentioned squirrel away some of their profits in tax avoidance schemes but, unless someone tells me different (because I can't find out - I've tried !!) they pay a big chunk more from their profits into the public than starbucks do.

I don't drink Starbucks but I support this. Don't whine about big corporations not doing this or that, stop giving them your money.

Yes no doubt many other companies / people tax dodge, but if the hand that feeds them (we the public) gives one of the more high profile ones a slap where it hurts (in their coffers) something might change.

A company can be brought to its knees by the public turning on them en mass (Ratners for example).

Nothing like a bit of self righteous indignation and a bit of following the flock....

I can see it now, once the glorious coffee revolution of the proleteriat has done away with the evil Empire of Starbuck, we will have a load of people out of worse, and less coffee places. We can then turn on the next one that pays less tax than all the other coffee places, and target them and repeat, it'sll be great. Viva la revolution, and when the end is nigh, and there is only but one coffee house left, you will all be complaining about isn't coffee really expensive since there is a monopoly.

If you want to change the tax regime - look to the lawmakers. It's pointless chasing the providers - all you will do is cut off the hand that serves you.