Inflation and you, how corporate obesity works .

I have been under pressure to increase my 2 employees wages a lately because of inflation and no wage increase for 3 years. So I have given them a 10% wage increase starting in January including myself and adjusted my overheads charges accordingly. What they don,t know is my quotation success rate has gone from 1 job in 3 quotes to 1 in 7 in the last year at this years prices, but with looking at jobs in the evenings and weekends with an average of 3hrs per quotation absolutely free in my own unpaid time there is a limit to how many jobs I can look at in a week.

But what my 2 don,t know is I have maintained my labour charge for 3 years when my competitors have lowered theirs by 10%. Their workers work in all weathers and make up lost time because of the weather we have had this wet year by working weekends to make their lost wages up. Do mine? Nope, strictly 4.30pm latest finish and definitely no weekends, not even a Saturday morning, so they cannot be that hard up!

Anyway, I have been setting up a sideline and unknown to them every job I have priced for commencing in the new year has not had the quote accepted, simply too expensive! Joe public is shopping around and the idea of us giving ourselves a pay rise is a joke! Unless all my competitors do the same (plumbers do) I don,t chance a chance. So maybe I will be becoming 'retired' sooner than I think.

So yes, even us small business's are suffering from no wage increases and rising running costs. I doubt any customer will willingly pay more for our benefit. I don't hear of the supermarket chains going bust though of the likes of Centrica and BP. The vat man takes a bigger slice and takes a hefty lump of tax out of Diesel so the Govt is still ok while we little people struggle.

I am not against the rich by the way but support them. Without wealthy people the little people would be out of a job. When you consider the top man at Tesco's gets something like a million a year but has helped create 1000's of jobs his wage is small in comparison. We need more of his type, just look at China for how his type creates wealth for the little people. Good for them.

I am not against the rich by the way but support them. Without wealthy people the little people would be out of a job. When you consider the top man at Tesco's gets something like a million a year but has helped create 1000's of jobs his wage is small in comparison. We need more of his type, just look at China for how his type creates wealth for the little people. Good for them.

yes i just googled this about china http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57515968-37/riots-suicides-and-other-issues-in-foxconns-iphone-factories/ but hey i bet your happy aint ya :loopy:

Been to china, know anyone who hs been ther recently? What of British human rights which have steadily gone down the pan through repressive legislation ove the past 2 decades.

We join in the carnage game, its called war, selling weapons, Camerons favourite game, we might not always be pulling the trigger but train and giude the fingers that do. Over a million dead in Iraq, an illegal war, where a tyrant, could not compete with thecarnage we wrought. Then ther was Libya which is in chaos while the oil is syphoned out, a bit like Iraq.

Well one has to understand China, and it is very different from us in the UK. A 5000 year civilisation. We See ourselves as British, its our identity, they see themselves as a civilisation, different concept. Every value we are used to they see differently, plan a few years in the future, they plan for a century, so even time is seen differently. We became a united country Scotland Wales and Ireland just over 300 years ago, one week ago in China time. Been to china, know anyone who hs been ther recently? What of British human rights which have steadily gone down the pan through repressive legislation ove the past 2 decades.

We join in the carnage game, its called war, selling weapons, Camerons favourite game, we might not always be pulling the trigger but train and giude the fingers that do. Over a million dead in Iraq, an illegal war, where a tyrant, could not compete with thecarnage we wrought. Then ther was Libya which is in chaos while the oil is syphoned out, a bit like Iraq.

Well one has to understand China, and it is very different from us in the UK. A 5000 year civilisation. We See ourselves as British, its our identity, they see themselves as a civilisation, different concept. Every value we are used to they see differently, plan a few years in the future, they plan for a century, so even time is seen differently. We invade, destroy, murder populations and leaders to get the resources we need, overthrow governments, kill opposition, its what we are good and and have been doing it for centuries. China almost rules the world, provides stuff we all need, without firing a shot. It goes into countries and builds schools, hospitals, roads, airports, rail, all without firing a shot. We sell weapons they provide ploughshares, and this is therefore a threat to western supremacy.

Why do we want China to become a democracy? Because we can make them sell of their assets, privatise everything they have, reduce them to a client state, like the rest of the world. So we use the game of propaganda to our own population that repression and human rights are the most important thing, while Cameron is trying to re-write what human rights are. Or did someone forget that, so we are hypocrites. Saying one thing doing another.

So where what is this repression crap? How long have we bee god’s chosen ones that chastise others while rotten with corruption ourselves. China outclasses us, is more advanced technologically, the most modern cities the world has ever seen, soon the biggest economy. NO wonder some are fearful, the KING is dying, and the country is sinking into economic oblivion.

Been to china, know anyone who hs been ther recently? What of British human rights which have steadily gone down the pan through repressive legislation ove the past 2 decades.

Well one has to understand China, and it is very different from us in the UK. A 5000 year civilisation. We See ourselves as British, its our identity, they see themselves as a civilisation, different concept. Every value we are used to they see differently, plan a few years in the future, they plan for a century, so even time is seen differently. We became a united country Scotland Wales and Ireland just over 300 years ago, one week ago in China time. Been to china, know anyone who hs been ther recently? What of British human rights which have steadily gone down the pan through repressive legislation ove the past 2 decades.

Well one has to understand China, and it is very different from us in the UK. A 5000 year civilisation. We See ourselves as British, its our identity, they see themselves as a civilisation, different concept. Every value we are used to they see differently, plan a few years in the future, they plan for a century, so even time is seen differently. We invade, destroy, murder populations and leaders to get the resources we need, overthrow governments, kill opposition, its what we are good and and have been doing it for centuries. China almost rules the world, provides stuff we all need, without firing a shot. It goes into countries and builds schools, hospitals, roads, airports, rail, all without firing a shot. We sell weapons they provide ploughshares, and this is therefore a threat to western supremacy.

Why do we want China to become a democracy? Because we can make them sell of their assets, privatise everything they have, reduce them to a client state, like the rest of the world. So we use the game of propaganda to our own population that repression and human rights are the most important thing, while Cameron is trying to re-write what human rights are. Or did someone forget that, so we are hypocrites. Saying one thing doing another.

So where what is this repression crap? How long have we bee god’s chosen ones that chastise others while rotten with corruption ourselves. China outclasses us, is more advanced technologically, the most modern cities the world has ever seen, soon the biggest economy. NO wonder some are fearful, the KING is dying, and the country is sinking into economic oblivion.

China has the most advanced technology ? Compared with who ?

At a guess (and even after reading your post three times it is still only a guess) you are disagreeing with me stating that China does not have a wonderful human rights record. Do you think it does?

Who has a wonderful human rights record? Who can judge? What are the paramerters of human rights that the great and good state they should be? Is it not reduced to an ideal, that no one nation adheres to at all? it is a meaningless load of propaganda, to influence native ill educated populoations to, pointing blood stained fingers at imaginary defaulters.

A bit like the paedophile riven holy orders telling the population to do as they say and not as they practice. Well done for being narrow minded enough to believe the joke played on you.

Who has a wonderful human rights record? Who can judge? What are the paramerters of human rights that the great and good state they should be? Is it not reduced to an ideal, that no one nation adheres to at all? it is a meaningless load of propaganda, to influence native ill educated populoations to, pointing blood stained fingers at imaginary defaulters.

A bit like the paedophile riven holy orders telling the population to do as they say and not as they practice. Well done for being narrow minded enough to believe the joke played on you.

Your logic seems to be that unless you live in a country with a blemish-free human rights record you can have no opinion on human rights around the world.

Regarding the parameters of human rights - The European Convention on Human Rights sets some excellent standards and is certainly better than no provision at all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Convention_on_Human_Rights

You state that the issue of human rights is a "meaningless load of propaganda, to influence native ill educated populoations to, pointing blood stained fingers at imaginary defaulters." Can you substantiate this with evidence?

You seem to think that because I am critical of China's human rights record that I am blind to problems in and with the UK. Why would you assume that?

Why would you decide you know what I think about Britain because I have commented on China?

Tell you what, why don't you go to china and write a similar post to this only criticising china. Let us know how you get on.

Archived