We are all in it together. Are we not!

In todays star page15 it is noted that the right honourable the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire are to sell a little chalk drawing drawn by some one called Raphael.

This worthless piece of paper[to most members of humanity anyway] will bring them in 15 million quid just to tide them over until they are feeling a bit short again.

Perhaps their mate David Blunkett will have a Word in the ear that in some parts of England people are struggling to pay the heating bills and rent.

P.S. They only have another 14 Raphaels left but they could always rummage around for some other odds and ends if required.

In todays star page15 it is noted that the right honourable the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire are to sell a little chalk drawing drawn by some one called Raphael.

This worthless piece of paper[to most members of humanity anyway] will bring them in 15 million quid just to tide them over until they are feeling a bit short again.

Perhaps their mate David Blunkett will have a Word in the ear that in some parts of England people are struggling to pay the heating bills and rent.

P.S. They only have another 14 Raphaels left but they could always rummage around for some other odds and ends if required.

I'm not sure what your point is?

Is your hobby ' Being a feckless idiot'?

Have you considered that some parts of 'humanity' have evolved to such a stage that they appreciate art ... something that humans alone can appreciate? Do you realize that by saying 'Someone called Raphael' and 'worthless piece of paper' makes you sound like pondweed?

Are you saying that Raphael is rubbish?

The guy's dead ... one of the most important artists ever (for reasons that would be wasted on you) Why do you think people pay so much to own what he's made?

It's patently obvious that someone with money would be selling the picture ... that's how things work.

Have you ever been to Chatsworth and seen the herculean efforts put in by the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire to allow people, like even yourself, to appreciate what separates us from monkeys? ... I think not.

Do you comprehend how much it costs the Devonshires to allow/maintain virtually free access to the world's history of the arts ... once again, I think not.

I bet you don't mind spending a bob or two going to Alton Towers (buy one-get one free) or adorning your walls with Athena 'Girl scratching her bottom' posters?

Do you not think, that by selling this picture, they may just use the proceeds to educate someone like yourself ... is it actually worth it? Who can tell.

Have you considered that some parts of 'humanity' have evolved to such a stage that they appreciate art ... something that humans alone can appreciate? Do you realize that by saying 'Someone called Raphael' and 'worthless piece of paper' makes you sound like pondweed?

The guy's dead ... one of the most important artists ever (for reasons that would be wasted on you) Why do you think people pay so much to own what he's made?

It's patently obvious that someone with money would be selling the picture ... that's how things work.

Have you ever been to Chatsworth and seen the herculean efforts put in by the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire to allow people, like even yourself, to appreciate what separates us from monkeys? ... I think not.

Do you comprehend how much it costs the Devonshires to allow/maintain virtually free access to the world's history of the arts ... once again, I think not.

I bet you don't mind spending a bob or two going to Alton Towers (buy one-get one free) or adorning your walls with Athena 'Girl scratching her bottom' posters?

Do you not think, that by selling this picture, they may just use the proceeds to educate someone like yourself ... is it actually worth it? Who can tell.

Errm..... a little less liqueur in the next batch of hand made choccies, I think! :P

A ninja turtle can do all that, wow.

Lighten up eminence, they live in luxury and they charge us to see their house. Not everybody thinks that to pay £15million for a painting in these times is acceptable. We are in an economic mess and it's hardly surprising that people object

Archived