We are all in it together. Are we not!

That’s an easy one, the further north humans moved the more unstable the climate became and natural selection was more about survival of those humans most adaptable to their changing surroundings. The Humans that lived in stable climate had no need to adapt.

Glad someone mentioned that _ though Im sure thats why the "lucky latitudes" iz full of Imperialist Robbers.. innit

That’s an easy one, the further north humans moved the more unstable the climate became and natural selection was more about survival of those humans most adaptable to their changing surroundings. The Humans that lived in stable climate had no need to adapt.

How would you explain the pre-eminence of other groups at various historical points then?

The Ottoman turks.

The middle eastern Muslims before the enlightenment (credited with developing the modern scientific method I believe).

The egyptian empire.

The Japanese.

The Chinese (developed gun powder whilst europeans lived in tribal groups and ran around in the woods).

I gave you more than one as the challenge was a bit light weight.

Why would I want them all to be European?

Egypt evolved early ,as did most Mediteranean latitude civilisations . warm enough to not have to spend all the time keeping alive.

Most of China is above 30degrees North, and I think that the Chinese belief that they are different to, and superior to the rest of the human race may have a bit of substance to it...

Name the groups then?

Just one will do for a start - make it nice and easy for you

You appeared here to be claiming that I wouldn't be able to name another group. If you agreed with me that they weren't all european then why the challenge to name one with the sarcasm tagged on the end?

Maybe you missed my point. Conrod was arguing that European countries have some sort of innate superiority to everyone else. He's never made any secret of his racist views.

Maximus claimed that this was true due to evolution.

I claimed that there were plenty of other groups that had in history been superior to Europeans.

You challenged me to name them, as if this was going to be difficult or I was going to struggle.

I didn't.

Now you want to know why you might want them all to be Europeans...

I never mentioned Europe though....

Im aware that China and indeed India had civilisation when Europe still thought the "bearskin" was a fashionable garment.

Northern Europe only gained hegemony when we threw off the chains of the Papacy and set off on the road to Protestant Enlightenment -There is a moral there somewhere!

Archived