We are all in it together. Are we not!

Sorry you have lost me!

I thought my post was fairly clear, however I'll try to explain what I meant.

You talked about stolen lands and wealth going back 600 years. Quite a lot has happened since then, the cavaliers lost lands and property to the roundheads, then some folk who started with nothing got rich during the industrial revolution whilst others faced desperate poverty. Fortunately early last century the welfare state was introduced so people no longer had to rely on the workhouse.

Contrary to some people's beliefs, the majority of the 100 richest people in the UK are not old British families living in stately homes on inherited wealth. That information is in the link I posted. They are people who have made their fortunes in all sorts of ways, including in businesses that employ people. Lots of the rich don't have British ancestry, but have chosen to live and bring their wealth here. As well as providing employment, many pay huge amounts in property taxes, death duties and inheritance taxes.

You talked about stolen lands and wealth going back 600 years. Quite a lot has happened since then, the cavaliers lost lands and property to the roundheads, then some folk who started with nothing got rich during the industrial revolution whilst others faced desperate poverty. Fortunately early last century the welfare state was introduced so people no longer had to rely on the workhouse.

Contrary to some people's beliefs, the majority of the 100 richest people in the UK are not old British families living in stately homes on inherited wealth. That information is in the link I posted. They are people who have made their fortunes in all sorts of ways, including in businesses that employ people. Lots of the rich don't have British ancestry, but have chosen to live and bring their wealth here. As well as providing employment, many pay huge amounts in property taxes, death duties and inheritance taxes.

They may employ as you say but bring their wealth here and pay taxes, death duties and inheritance taxes, I doubt it.

Nothing wrong with that.

My point is the non producers who through generations live of the fat of the Land and have never lifted a shovel to earn the stolen wealth that they inherit.

[/color]

They may employ as you say but bring their wealth here and pay taxes, death duties and inheritance taxes, I doubt it.

How many of our pillars of society have addresses in Monaco, Jersey, the Cayman Islands etc , These leaches make their millions here but chose not to contribute to our health services,infrastructure, schools,and environment.

Well, unfortunately, I've been away for a couple of days, so haven't been able to be up to speed on this thread.

Having had a quick glimpse through though, it seems to have changed from the O/P's assertation that 'Raphael's rubbish' (himself being very much better, obviously), to the ownership of land in general.

Happy days indeed! My family roots go back to at least the 10th century, when we came from Norway and decided to own Scotland (I have my own Tartan to prove it!). Unfortunately, Scotland (or at least a lot of it) was stolen back from my family in the (mid)15th century.

Going by the OP's ethics, I now own Scotland ... Huzzar! :banana:

I'm now thinking of selling (giving away, to be honest) Sterling and Dunfermline, to be made into multi-storey homes for the impoverished ... any 'profit' being ploughed back into Aberdeen, to create landfill sites for the terminally insane (to suit OP's wishes)

Chatsworth (although I don't own it until new laws), should indeed be converted to flats for the 'Have you had an accident at work?' brigade (just like O/P suggests), and Neepsend (with the permission of Jess ... just like Henderson's) should be 24 carat gold plated and feature centrefold in the 'Sheffield Star'

Sadly my own family history means I only own Wales. While it's mainly awful, Pembrokeshire is actually quit nice so will swap for a small country estate near Sheffield. Any other offers welcome (though I've already given Rhyl to a bloke begging in the underpass near Waitrose.)

What's the bloke in the underpass ever done to you that made you give him Rhyl. Thats nearly as bad as giving him Cleethorpes:roll::roll:

Sadly my own family history means I only own Wales. While it's mainly awful, Pembrokeshire is actually quit nice so will swap for a small country estate near Sheffield. Any other offers welcome (though I've already given Rhyl to a bloke begging in the underpass near Waitrose.)

Swap you Pontardawe for Perth! ;)

Archived