Amazon boycott - anyone doing it ?

Would be interested in knowing if anyone plans to boycott Amazon this Christmas ? What is the best way of letting Amazon know what you think of them ? I used to love Amazon and it's going to be harder doing Xmas shopping this year , but I feel that I have the ability to vote with my feet/ wallet every day of the year , which to me is true democracy and people-power ...:)

I don't think that there is a hope in hell of an effective boycott of Amazon.

The high street has very few bookshops.

It has even fewer record shops.

Amazon is usually cheaper than iTunes for downloads.

They are great at what they do.

Amazon win this one in my opinion. Over to HMRC to sort them out.

I don't think that there is a hope in hell of an effective boycott of Amazon.

The high street has very few bookshops.

It has even fewer record shops.

Amazon is usually cheaper than iTunes for downloads.

They are great at what they do.

Amazon win this one in my opinion. Over to HMRC to sort them out.

To be honest it doesn't bother me whether or not there is any impact on Amazon I am more concerned with knowing I am doing the right thing.

To be honest it doesn't bother me whether or not there is any impact on Amazon I am more concerned with knowing I am doing the right thing.

I don't disagree with that.

I just think that Amazon are much harder to boycott than other firms, because they have already seen off most of the competition.

If Amazon is cheaper than the high street, which it nearly always is, I will do all my christmas shopping on Amazon as always.

I absolutely do not care one iota about the tax they pay if they make it cheaper for items on their site.

It took a decade of operation before they started turning a profit.Good for them for exploiting tax loopholes.If they did not take advantage of every law available their accountants would want sacking immediately for not doing their job properly.

Peoples priorities are all messed up.

I`m more concerned that yet another inept corrupt government wastes another 10 Billion of public money on a leaky submarine to try and show we are still some sort of force to be reckoned with.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/15/hms-astute-submarine-slow-leaky-rusty

Archived