Amazon boycott - anyone doing it ?

First of all I suggest you take some grammar lessons or stop drinking as much.

Secondly, why do you seem to that that living in accordance with you morals and conscience and being intelligent are mutually exclusive?

I assume you mean secondly why do you seem to think that living in accordance with your morals and consience and being intelligent are mutually exclusive.

Amazon are not doing the wrong thing what they are doing is 100% legal just because certain people think it is immoral it does not make it the wrong thing to do.

I apologise for the typos. Grammar and alcohol are not the only reasons for errors in copy. I assure you my grasp of one is perfectly reasonable and my grasp of the other is non-existent as I'm teetotal.

I notice you could decipher my point despite the typos but still chose not to address it and that you still haven't proven you assertion about where tax revenue goes.

Right and wrong is as much a question of morality as it is legality.

ps - you're missing a bit of punctuation here and there. It happens to us all.

Apologies for not addressing your point it is a very valid point I will not disagree with that.

In my personal opinion morals and concscience do relate to intelligience on the basis that to have morals and a conscience you have to be intelligient enough to understand what morals are and how to use morals.

Please do not get me wrong I am not saying I disregard your opinion because I honestly don't its very valid and i can see your point I just don't personally think what amazon is doing is so bad that I should stop using them.

However I do not wish to disregard your point because as said it is very valid and you are entitled to your opinion.

Finally please accept my apologies because I realise we are both just expressing opinions but I have really pushed mine and I didn't intend to do that so i offer my apology.

I apologise for the typos. Grammar and alcohol are not the only reasons for errors in copy. I assure you my grasp of one is perfectly reasonable and my grasp of the other is non-existent as I'm teetotal.

I notice you could decipher my point despite the typos but still chose not to address it and that you still haven't proven you assertion about where tax revenue goes.

Right and wrong is as much a question of morality as it is legality.

ps - you're missing a bit of punctuation here and there. It happens to us all.

Apologies for not addressing your point it is a very valid point I will not disagree with that.

In my personal opinion morals and concscience do relate to intelligience on the basis that to have morals and a conscience you have to be intelligient enough to understand what morals are and how to use morals.

Please do not get me wrong I am not saying I disregard your opinion because I honestly don't its very valid and i can see your point I just don't personally think what amazon is doing is so bad that I should stop using them.

However I do not wish to disregard your point because as said it is very valid and you are entitled to your opinion.

Finally please accept my apologies because I realise we are both just expressing opinions but I have really pushed mine and I didn't intend to do that so i offer my apology.

And you have every right to use Amazon until the cows come home. It's totally up to you.

No apologies necessary, debate often has a bit of cut and thrust.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're buying books for Christmas, don't shop at Amazon - that's the message from a new consumer survey which claims - top 20 bestsellers aside - you'll buy it cheaper elsewhere.

And if the book is ranked in the top 51-100, you're likely to find it considerably less expensive from another source.

"Many booksellers think of Amazon as this mythical competitor, just incredibly low on price – an insurmountable adversary, impossible for them to overcome," pricing expert Kyle Poyar from Simon-Kucher told the Guardian.

"But our research has revealed that much of that is just outdated myth. The reality is," he continued, "that Amazon needs to make money like everyone else, but they understand consumer buying behaviour, and use those insights to be able to give off a low-price image, while still not necessarily being the lowest price."

Poyar's comments didn't go down well at Amazon, who responded, claiming it offered competitive prices on all books sold. Alternatives to Amazon though are reducing in numbers. ABE Books, for example, is excellent for hard-to-find or used books, but is also now owned by Amazon (Amazon bought the Canadian company several years ago).

Another strong book player, Book Depository, is also now owned by Amazon. Amazon's power is not just about its colossal size but also its powerful technical abilities. If it wants, Amazon is able to delve into your e-reader any time it wishes and delete titles (copyright concerns have been previously cited). After much criticism Amazon says it has stopped the practice.

Contrast that with buying a physical book at your local book store. Once you've walked away you can't be forced to give a book back.

Currently Amazon grabs more than 70% of online book sales. There are alternatives. First, there's your local high street (where they're more likely to paying their fair share of tax). There are also plenty of independent book shops like Housmans, News From Nowhere and Word Power, who all sell online.

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/12/13/amazon-taken-to-book-on-prices/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk4%26pLid%3D141477

Archived