Amazon boycott - anyone doing it ?

If Amazon is cheaper than the high street, which it nearly always is, I will do all my christmas shopping on Amazon as always.

I absolutely do not care one iota about the tax they pay if they make it cheaper for items on their site.

It took a decade of operation before they started turning a profit.Good for them for exploiting tax loopholes.If they did not take advantage of every law available their accountants would want sacking immediately for not doing their job properly.

This would be fine if Amazon paid for their workforce's education and healthcare, subsidised their childcare, transported their workers to and from their places of work in place of publicly subsidised transport and gave them a sufficient pension that avoided the need for their former employees to draw the state pension. But all of this is paid for by the citizens of this country and many of Amazon's competitors through income and corporation tax.

Explain to me why Amazon's directors and shareholders should be the beneficiaries of such generous welfare.

There's no way I'm going to stop, my budget is tight & the prices are so cheap, iv done 90% of my Xmas presents shopping from there, I won't let my kids go without when I can afford what they want by shopping on amazon & get more for the budget we have. While the prices are so low, they have my custom.

i'm a van driver for royal mail and believe me people, it has made not a jot of difference since the story broke! in fact the opposite applies, there are far more amazon parcels than ever!

There's a tiny chance that it's because people are starting to do Christmas shopping rather than an outpouring of popular support for tax avoidance.

This would be fine if Amazon paid for their workforce's education and healthcare, subsidised their childcare, transported their workers to and from their places of work in place of publicly subsidised transport and gave them a sufficient pension that avoided the need for their former employees to draw the state pension. But all of this is paid for by the citizens of this country and many of Amazon's competitors through income and corporation tax.

Explain to me why Amazon's directors and shareholders should be the beneficiaries of such generous welfare.

What needs explaining?

They are doing their job and they are doing it well unlike the government who allows them to do it.

Do you pay more tax than you are legally obliged too?

If not are you not a hypocrite for expecting someone else to who is obeying the law and through inept tax laws pays as little as possible.

Show me a company who voluntarily pays more tax for the government to waste than they are legally obliged to.

Its the tax laws that are a joke not multi nationals.

What needs explaining?

They are doing their job and they are doing it well unlike the government who allows them to do it.

Do you pay more tax than you are legally obliged too?

If not are you not a hypocrite for expecting someone else to who is obeying the law and through inept tax laws pays as little as possible.

Show me a company who voluntarily pays more tax for the government to waste than they are legally obliged to.

Its the tax laws that are a joke not multi nationals.

Actually, it's both. Apart from the ones who have a more acceptable stance on their tax issues obviously.

Maybe this thread should be titled The naivety of the keyboard warrior :D

Do all you moralistic crusaders really, actually believe for one minute that there are/is a company out there that pays all the tax they are elligible for without claiming for one thing or another?

:hihi::hihi:

Unbelievable :loopy:

Archived