Amazon boycott - anyone doing it ?

Maybe this thread should be titled The naivety of the keyboard warrior :D

Do all you moralistic crusaders really, actually believe for one minute that there are/is a company out there that pays all the tax they are elligible for without claiming for one thing or another?

:hihi::hihi:

Unbelievable :loopy:

All the large companies have tax avoidance plans.

To be honest I usually assume that most companies will and do avoid paying tax.

Some, however, are worse than others. Is that not between me and my conscience? I'm not sure why you can be bothered to be bothered. With the greatest of respect I really couldn't care less where and how you spend your money.

Would be interested in knowing if anyone plans to boycott Amazon this Christmas ? What is the best way of letting Amazon know what you think of them ? I used to love Amazon and it's going to be harder doing Xmas shopping this year , but I feel that I have the ability to vote with my feet/ wallet every day of the year , which to me is true democracy and people-power ...:)

The same alsi with Starbucks

Some, however, are worse than others. Is that not between me and my conscience? I'm not sure why you can be bothered to be bothered. With the greatest of respect I really couldn't care less where and how you spend your money.

My sentiments exactly about you.

If you are going to boycott Amazon why not do it to all the other big organizations then we would be eating nothing driving nothing and wearing nothing.

My sentiments exactly about you.

If you have no interest in how I spend my money then why comment upon it as you have in the first quote above?

Maybe this thread should be titled The naivety of the keyboard warrior :D

Do all you moralistic crusaders really, actually believe for one minute that there are/is a company out there that pays all the tax they are elligible for without claiming for one thing or another?

:hihi::hihi:

Unbelievable :loopy:

Let's review. Corporation tax accounted for 7% of government revenue, to the tune of £38.6billion. Now if every multinational did a Starbucks or a google or an amazon, and paid next to nothing that figure would be massively lower wouldn't it ? Somebody, somewhere is paying corporation tax.

I certainly will NOT be boycotting amazon they may avoid tax but do you know what......good on them.

If I knew a legal way of avoiding paying tax damn right I'd do it, it may be morally wrong but morals don't put money in the bank.

If I am completely honest I couldn't care less if amazon avoid paying tax if it makes it cheaper for me....spot on :hihi:

It is important to ask yourself one question are you satisfied paying as much tax as we do I expect no so really why is it so bad that amazon avoid tax because lets be honest we would do it if we could.

It was a quote on the general topic not you and if you want to troll do it somewhere else.

Well, I assumed that your quote was directed to people who are choosing to observe the boycott. As I am one of those people I further assumed it would be appropriate to respond. I apologise if you had some other intention.

Strange that you have decided I am a troll, but if you don't want to answer me that's up to you.

Edit - However, in the interest of fairness I have had a look back to see where you could have taken exception to any of my posts and tried to read them from a different perspective.

I could and should have worded this more carefully to avoid it being interpreted as confrontational or judgemental which is far from what I intended.

"I'm not sure why you can be bothered to be bothered." - This is a genuine point and had hoped you would explain it so I could attempt to understand why you (and others) are concerned with whether or not people boycott some tax avoiding companies. I meant it in the sincerest way I can.

"With the greatest of respect I really couldn't care less where and how you spend your money." I probably should have said I don't mind rather than couldn't care less as it has a more neutral connotation which is what I was aiming for.

So, if that makes any difference then all well and good. If not then we can agree to differ.

I certainly will NOT be boycotting amazon they may avoid tax but do you know what......good on them.

If I knew a legal way of avoiding paying tax damn right I'd do it, it may be morally wrong but morals don't put money in the bank.

If I am completely honest I couldn't care less if amazon avoid paying tax if it makes it cheaper for me....spot on :hihi:

It is important to ask yourself one question are you satisfied paying as much tax as we do I expect no so really why is it so bad that amazon avoid tax because lets be honest we would do it if we could.

I, for one, have no problem with the amount of tax I pay. I can afford it and hope that it is used to help support the vulnerable. I do, however, have some issues on how tax income is utilised but that is a separate concern. I hope there are others who are concerned about the immorality of tax avoidance and act upon it, if there are not then so be it. I would also hope that there are others who can see that paying tax fairly is important. You are, of course, entitled to take your position.

Archived