Really "English"

I can rather easily trace back my family to 1600 or soo in this area; on the other (better) side I can do the same to Gloucestershire / Herefordshire.. Does that not make me able to comment more on "English" issues than other people who may not have been here for so long? ;)

I can rather easily trace back my family to 1600 or soo in this area; on the other (better) side I can do the same to Gloucestershire / Herefordshire.. Does that not make me able to comment more on "English" issues than other people who may not have been here for so long? ;)

Nope. Anyone who lives here permanently has a stake in the country.

F'rinstance, I've lived (and paid taxes) in England for 40+ years now, and its not so different to Scotland anyway. I can trace my ancestors on my dad's side back to the 1700s in a Scottish village, one married an Englishwoman in the 1800s, and produced my grandfather, who in turn married an Irishwoman, and produced my father.

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter where one starts out, its how we behave when we arrive that counts. ;)

At 25 years per generation, 400 years = 16 generations. Given each of your ancestors will have had two parents, that means 65536 ancestors in 1600. Have you traced them all back or just the ones from this area? ;)

At 25 years per generation, 400 years = 16 generations. Given each of your ancestors will have had two parents, that means 65536 ancestors in 1600. Have you traced them all back or just the ones from this area? ;)

yep thanks

Luckily for me I dont have the same genes over and over again ;)

No, of course it doesn't.

My ancestors were in the army of Queen Boadicea, fighting the Romans. This was back when Britain's population was just over a million. It was a far better country to live in back in those days. Not like today with all the PC bull**** and multiculturalism.

but you was more likely to get a spear in the face and die?

much better :roll:

Archived