Really "English"

Maybe you should be only allowed to cast a vote in elections if your ancestors have lived here for say, 10 generations? ;)

I think Im being generous and inclusive at only 10 generations, maybe it should be more like 20?

What would you do about the Royals? None of them would be entitled to vote but one of them would be head of State and Commonwealth. They'd lose legtimacy at not being considered truly English or British under your rules.

Coincidentally, I'm as English as you get. Discounting a bit of Wigan in there:)

My kids aren't though, because I married a half German girl.

Are my English kids not entitled to comment on English affairs, because of my choice? I think we all know the answer to that.

This whole thread is a wind up.

I agree, I'm just sorry I fell for it. D'oh.

I think our American members must be wondering what the heck football players 'jocks' have to do with the discussion. ;)

I am a direct descendent of Wotan Wiliken the first prototype Englishman. Wotan a Saxon warrior was the scourge of the Celts, spreading terror and mayhem among the villages on the east cost of England

"Hide the beer, lock up your daughters" was the cry whenever Wotan's boat appeared on the horizon.

Later on Wotan saw the error of his ways, got religion and became a basket weaver

I am a direct descendent of Wotan Wiliken the first prototype Englishman. Wotan a Saxon warrior was the scourge of the Celts, spreading terror and mayhem among the villages on the east cost of England

"Hide the beer, lock up your daughters" was the cry whenever Wotan's boat appeared on the horizon.

Later on Wotan saw the error of his ways, got religion and became a basket weaver

There's no saxon warriors in Tinsley, Only Vikings in heeley. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived