Tropeiro Brazilian style restaurant - Leopold Square

SuperRoops

Unfortunately it's another chain restaurant. Why so few independent restaurants in Sheffield city centre?

Agreed! Some cool cafes are needed. .there is that one that used to be cafe 22a that was recently sold just off far gate. I walked past there when they were doing it up in the summer and loved the fact that the new owners were busy painting the tables and chairs of their new venture. Much rather sit in there than zizzi,s.

Went yesterday and can't say that I was that impressed.

Sat down and got told that 'normally we only do 10 meats but tonight we are going to spoil you with all 12'. So you should be and that should be standard.

Took 20+ minutes to get a drinks order taken.

Salads etc not that inspiring. Pork/black bean stew was very sloppy and needed seasoning. Fish stew had more potato than fish.

Ended up with three lots of meat on my plate within 2 minutes of sitting down but then it seemed like we were waiting 5+ minutes for bits of meat after.

Saw lamb right at the end of the meal but far too many cheap sausages & Chicken wrapped in bacon served.

Rib of beef was good but other cuts of steak were very chewy and the ribs were mostly fat & should have been trimmed down before cooking.

Came to £195 including drinks and then got stung another 10% for a service charge which was a laugh so finished up at over £215 for 7.

Good job we are claiming it back on expenses as it was not worth that much & it's a joke that their other places charge £18 yet we get charged £22.

Please don't try to jump on this and say that I want cheap meals and that I should go to Zizzi etc as money is not an issue.

I have mixed feeling on this. I love churrasco so I was sold on the concept. But the bottom line is that at no point did I have a full plate in front of me.

Instead from the off I have an empty plate, so got the greens and carbs first and then waited as the waiters came with the meat one at a time, the first one was upon us as I sat back down which was most welcome as I was hungry. They cut a sliver of meat which I'd finished eating before they finished serving the last person on our table, this was followed up 6-7 mins later with another little sliver. We'd just be getting into a conversation and then stop to let the waiter take centre stage once more. Really the waiters should be bringing 2 good sized cuts with them at once, or if thats too much to carry, then the waiters should be going around in pairs.

Getting a drink was trickier, it was pretty unclear who you approached about that, and beyond our initial bottle of wine it took us a while before someone came over to take our next drinks order. In fact the first bottle after our 1st cut of meat.

On the positive side most of the meat was really tasty and the greens/carbs were of a good standard too. Also the waiters themselves have plenty of personality and the overall vibe in the restaurant is pleasant.

I wouldn't rule out going again, but to get your money's worth this is a bare minimum 2 hour affair, which means your drinks bill will tot up too.

I visited here with two others a week ago. My impressions were that it was hit and miss. I thought the sausages were actually good. The rump was excellent. Nothing wrong, but nothing special, regarding the various chicken. The lamb was too pink, and tasteless, for me. The beef skirt was tough. The gammon was incredibly salty (what should I expect?) and the chicken hearts were tried, but I could easily give them a miss.

I aimed to not fill up on the salad bar, but there is plenty of choice in it, including mash, various sauces and other hot dishes, so that's good.

Had two of the recommended beers, no desert... came to close to £90 for three.

The staff were friendly, attentive... no issues there. Meat started flowing slowly at first, but the frequency increased in line with the number of people in the place.

No complaints, good to get it tried, but nothing special enough to make me want to go back. I don't think it will build up a bunch of loyal regulars... just people who'll try it once for the experience.

You could try very hard and leave feeling as though you'd got value for money, I guess, but you would have over-consumed dramatically.

Tropeiro Sheffield wish to all our friends a Happy Christmas and New Year!!!

Our Opening timesfor this special weeks are:

24th Dec: 12pm - 17pm last tables

25th Dec: Close

26th Dec: 12pm - 17pm last tables

31th Dec: 12pm - 20pm last tables

1th Jan: Close

from 2th Jan: normal opening times

Monday till Friday: 12pm - 15pm & 17pm - 22pm

Saturday and Sunday: 12pm - 22pm

---------- Post added 26-12-2012 at 01:27 ----------

Almorço £9.95 per person

(Includes our Rodizio of 5 cuts of meat )

Available 12-3pm Monday to Saturday

Full Rodizio £21.95 per person

(Includes a Rodizio of 12 cuts of meat)

Available in the Evening (after 4pm on a Saturday and Sunday)

Pre-Theatre menu £16.95 per person

Available every day from 5pm-7pm with a valid theatre ticket

Vegetarian Rodizio £14.95 per person

(You choose from 3 options)

Available at all times

Churrasco de Domingo £12.95 per person

(Includes a Rodizio of 5 cuts of meat and a dessert)

Available on Sunday’s between 12-4pm

• 2 weeks later...

All the offers are fix price, so you can eat as much that you want many times that you want. Depending of the time you have differents options

Almorço £9.95 per person

(Includes our Rodizio of 5 cuts of meat )

Available 12-3pm Monday to Saturday

Full Rodizio £21.95 per person

Available in the Evening (after 4pm on a Saturday and Sunday)

Pre-Theatre menu £16.95 per person

Available every day from 5pm-7pm with a valid theatre ticket

Vegetarian Rodizio £14.95 per person

(You choose from 3 options)

Available at all times

Churrasco de Domingo £12.95 per person

(Includes a Rodizio of 5 cuts of meat and a dessert)

Available on Sunday’s between 12-4pm

We were really excited about this place opening, having eaten at similar places elsewhere. We really hoped it might become a regular favourite, given the lack of choice in town. So we turned up tonight, waving our Fair Lady tickets, and asking about the pre-theatre special. Only to be told that they're not doing it anymore. Despite it being on their website and them coming on here to advertise it two days ago. I don't mind being told that you have to book but that's not what we were told. Despite an almost empty restaurant, we were told that an offer they'd been proactively promoting wasn't available. We left and had a really pleasant meal at Cafe Piazza instead. Shame as it looks like Tropeiro really needed the business. But first impressions count and next time we fancy Argentinian, we'll stick with La Vaca in Broomhill. At least they make us feel welcome!

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 18:51 ----------

We were really excited about this place opening, having eaten at similar places elsewhere. We really hoped it might become a regular favourite, given the lack of choice in town. So we turned up tonight, waving our Fair Lady tickets, and asking about the pre-theatre special. Only to be told that they're not doing it anymore. Despite it being on their website and them coming on here to advertise it two days ago. I don't mind being told that you have to book but that's not what we were told. Despite an almost empty restaurant, we were told that an offer they'd been proactively promoting wasn't available. We left and had a really pleasant meal at Cafe Piazza instead. Shame as it looks like Tropeiro really needed the business. But first impressions count and next time we fancy Argentinian, we'll stick with La Vaca in Broomhill. At least they make us feel welcome!

Archived