Tropeiro Brazilian style restaurant - Leopold Square

SuperRoops

We were really excited about this place opening, having eaten at similar places elsewhere. We really hoped it might become a regular favourite, given the lack of choice in town. So we turned up tonight, waving our Fair Lady tickets, and asking about the pre-theatre special. Only to be told that they're not doing it anymore. Despite it being on their website and them coming on here to advertise it two days ago. I don't mind being told that you have to book but that's not what we were told. Despite an almost empty restaurant, we were told that an offer they'd been proactively promoting wasn't available. We left and had a really pleasant meal at Cafe Piazza instead. Shame as it looks like Tropeiro really needed the business. But first impressions count and next time we fancy Argentinian, we'll stick with La Vaca in Broomhill. At least they make us feel welcome!

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 18:51 ----------

We were really excited about this place opening, having eaten at similar places elsewhere. We really hoped it might become a regular favourite, given the lack of choice in town. So we turned up tonight, waving our Fair Lady tickets, and asking about the pre-theatre special. Only to be told that they're not doing it anymore. Despite it being on their website and them coming on here to advertise it two days ago. I don't mind being told that you have to book but that's not what we were told. Despite an almost empty restaurant, we were told that an offer they'd been proactively promoting wasn't available. We left and had a really pleasant meal at Cafe Piazza instead. Shame as it looks like Tropeiro really needed the business. But first impressions count and next time we fancy Argentinian, we'll stick with La Vaca in Broomhill. At least they make us feel welcome!

What time did you go? It's only available between 5pm and 7pm.

I've heard that it's a poorer version of Fazenda's in Leeds (which was absolutely amazing), it's about 20 pounds per head and all you can eat meat. Don't fill up on salads or bread from my experience elsewhere to truly get your money's worth on the meat. I really don't see the point in going somewhere like this if you're a vegetarian, this kind of place is primarily for the carnivore, and I think you could get cheaper salad and bread elsewhere! From reviews I've read on Tripadvisor the meats were slow to come round and some weren't even on offer despite what was listed on the menu. I was thinking of trying this restaurant some time but I think my advice would be to just travel the extra distance and make a night of it in Leeds.

Ms. Mouserat, I sincerely apologise for the inconvinience and misunderstanding that occured. The information that you had recieved on arrival was incorrect as we have a "theater offer" going on that only began one week ago and not all of my staff is informed about it. Consequently, please do not hestitate to contact us at the restaurant (01142739399), to try to resolve this inconvenience. We are sure that we can arrage something for you.

My only criticism would be about the delay between each serving of meat. Initially, when the restaurant was not so busy, we got meat at regular intervals, however, as it got busy we often had to wait several minutes.

We were sat further away from the kitchen and it seems those sat closer to the kitchen were served more frequently. In future, would it not be better to revise how your waiters distribute the meat so that most the restaurant is covered at any one time.

Thanks Agent Orange for your review, we will improve the service of the meat, always is nice to have this kinds of reviews to see in wich aspects we need to develop.

Hope to see you soon.

Tropeiro Team.

No worries. Everything else was spot on so on the whole, I really enjoyed the experience :)

Sunday lunch. We arrived 12.15, four adults, three children (6,4 and 2). Very well received - help with pushchair,that sort of thing. The staff had that sort of instant friendliness that bodes well for the afternoon - especially when you have children in tow. Everything was explained to us and we got stuck into our 'starters/sides'. Now, the lunch time meals are 9.95/12.95. You are not going to get the best cuts of meat wherever you go for this price. However, the sausage was of the good quality breakfast banger variety which went down well sunday lunch (esp with the kids). The pork ribs were a nice mixture of fat and meat. The chicken was ok but needed a marinade. I know not everyone likes the same degree of spicing so that might be difficult but perhaps a nando's style sauce selection might help to add a bit of flavour after the event. There is one delicious but very hot chilli sauce provided among the sides. The ham was salty but hey what's the problem with that!? And the lamb (popular with the kids) made it feel like a sunday dinner! The drinks could be a bit more adventurous - only one Brazilian beer but that was fine. The dessert included with the lunch deal was an excellent passion fruit mousse - much better than most 'inclusive' desserts. We were there over two hours and we had a great time. One of the best things is that the children eat free. There are no nuggets here, the kids take their pick of the grown up food and the sides and I think this really does the kids some good in terms of family eating. Right, now for the bad news. If you don't like kids, avoid Sunday lunch, I think that soon the place will be overrun by them! But that's about it. I look forward to trying this place out in the evening with 'the lads' on a ridiculous meat-eating bender.

Archived