China's World Dominance

If some people put as much effort into helping to secure world peace as they do into being concerned about who the super powers are, the world would improve dramatically.

Doesn't world peace depend on knowing who the super powers are?

I'm not sure that China actually has any aircraft capable of taking off or landing from the carrier. They bought it in 1998 and have taken 14 years to get it seaworthy.

How long then to build and launch any carrier comparable to the USS Ronald Reagan, USS LIncoln or USS Truman? And the cost?

Much of rural China is still far from being anywhere near what could be called a decent standard of living. Are they going to be happy with their government spending the nation's newly acquired wealth on building ships?

Not likely

How long then to build and launch any carrier comparable to the USS Ronald Reagan, USS LIncoln or USS Truman? And the cost?

Much of rural China is still far from being anywhere near what could be called a decent standard of living. Are they going to be happy with their government spending the nation's newly acquired wealth on building ships?

Not likely

There is lies Chinas problem. They need an army of around 2 million mainly to keep their own population in order. I'm not sure that folk from Tibet would be flocking to the front line to support a military adventure.

There is lies Chinas problem. They need an army of around 2 million mainly to keep their own population in order. I'm not sure that folk from Tibet would be flocking to the front line to support a military adventure.

Much of China's army is recruited from peasant youth in the rural areas. I saw some of them parading back and forth in the barracks area next to the Forbidden City. They looked very young, hardly more than kids some of them.

I'm not saying that they would not make good soldiers if the need arose but they could well be influenced to go either way if at sometime in the future a coup d'eteat was attempted by a dissident group unhappy with the government's policies and how it was affecting the domestic situation. The Communist Party still rules but it's not the same Communist party that had absolute power 4 decades ago

Much of China's army is recruited from peasant youth in the rural areas. I saw some of them parading back and forth in the barracks area next to the Forbidden City. They looked very young, hardly more than kids some of them.

I'm not saying that they would not make good soldiers if the need arose but they could well be influenced to go either way if at sometime in the future a coup d'eteat was attempted by a dissident group unhappy with the government's policies and how it was affecting the domestic situation. The Communist Party still rules but it's not the same Communist party that had absolute power 4 decades ago

Do you recall this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JlTIo--CQ

Archived